67 AMC Ambassador 990 - $3.5k (ORLANDO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4599709684.html

1967 AMC Ambassador 990!!!!!!!! - $3500 (ORLANDO)
Selling a classic American Motors Ambassador 990, car has a straight 6 cylinder engine, automatic, car has all AC components, power steering, has original AM/FM radio and has an under dash CD player installed, car runs and drives good, needs a gas tank, and passenger side rear window. Car has 99,049 miles, please come and take a look at it!

00k0k_1WSyByUOQEZ_600x450.jpg

I've got a soft spot for old ramblers. Especially Ambassadors and wagons.

A friend has an original survivor 57 rambler wagon with V8, A/C, leather and tri tone paint that i've been sniffing at.

x2. They had some real bright moments being pressed by their low Budget. Design wise with the great Dick Teague coming from Packard, General policy, Advertising etc.

Most fascinating to me was the move to bring back the discontinued Rambler in the recession year of 58 with minor redesign as the American. I'd likely own one of These as a Station wagon for Basic Transport as a Driver or a 63-64 Classic if I were in the US.

I admire AMC more for their times when they carved out their market niches, before Police changed to tackle the big three one by one, but they made some real nice cars afterwards.

While in High School (1978) I purchased a '73 Ambassador four door sedan in blue inside and out. What was nice was the 401 four barrell option with dual exhaust. What was really neat is it had th certified 140 mph speedometer. No other tip offs that it was a former squad. Boy did it rip and snort with a unsilenced air cleaner on it.1973 looks the same as pictures above. I traded it and now approx. 100 cars later, I still miss it. While in school we put a red tear drop police light on the dash and went to many car shows including the Iola WI. show which is the largest in the midwest (at least then it was).

Love that Ambo hardtop! My first car was a '68 SST hardtop, have also owned 2 '67 DPL verts, a '67 DPL hardtop and a '72 Brougham sedan. Here's the blk vert, '67 hardtop and '72 sedan for those who haven't seen them before. The '72 was a DD for a while til I got a job that was 32 miles away and gas went over $3!

100_1937.1.jpg100_1934.jpg67-34.jpg100_0670.jpg000_0005.jpg000_0012.jpg

I sold the hardtop @ chryslers @ carlisle back in '05 or '06, put it out and had it sold (thurs night) in maybe an hour.......

100_1937.1.jpg

100_1934.jpg

67-34.jpg

100_0670.jpg

000_0005.jpg

000_0012.jpg

Our neighbor had a car just like that when I was a kid. Same color and everything
That is a great car. IN November 70' My buddies and I were in Tech school at Sheppard AFB, and we rented that same car and drove all over Oklahoma. To this day I am looking for that car. it was a midnight blue hardtop.

For sure commando. In 1964 my mother had a 55 Chrysler Hemi convertible. She goosed it all the time, and my Dad got tired of it. He bought her a 60' Rambler American, and that was a come down! In the 80's she would come to visit, and I had a 68' AMC SST sedan parked, and would always tell her that was her car to drive. Boy would she get mad! God bless her soul. my Dad had passed in 66', and I'm sure he would have laughed about that.

My friends 57 wagon. It's the last year for the Nash Rambler, and is the "Custom" trim level with tri tone paint. First year for the "Nash" V8 engine. Also has factory A/C and leather trim.
The car is a survivor with all original paint and interior. He says the paints is really nice and just needs a good polishing.
It's in NC and I'm trying to come up with some time to get over there and see it.

He sent this picture .... not a good one, but enticeing enough. Looks like daily driver material to me.

rambler 1 (Large).jpg

I'll be waiting for better pics of that Rambler. That would be a terrific car to tool around in!

I was surrounded by Ramblers in Milwaukee. Rambler had a plant a few blocks from my house and my Dad worked there for a few years in the 50's. The huge Kenosha plant was just a few miles away. The Milwaukee AMC plant was a Nash plant prior to 1955.

It was always amazing to see how similar AMC was to Mopar in styling during the 1960's and 1970's. The Marlin looked like the Charger, Ambassador looked similar to C-Bodies, Javelin similar to Challenger's and Cuda's.

My Dad, my brothers and I were Mopar guys and we all had Mopars during the 60's and 70's. My Mom even had a 73 Duster with a 340 with torqueflite on the floor.

On and off my favorite AMC product. I just wish they'd have offered some simple monotone Colors and a tasteful Hood Scoop.

RAmb.jpg

RAmb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back