67 and 68 Monaco dash

Ffranzwa

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am starting to restore my 68 Polara 500 H code convertible and I have an opportunity to buy a 67 or 68 Monaco with a clean dash pad. If I remember correctly, the 67's and 68's were unchanged and interchangeable, but before I buy the car, I want to make sure the pad will fit my 68. Any thoughts?

To verify their possible "sameness", two places to look. Download the parts books at www.mymopar.com and then peruse the order guides at www.hamtramck-historical.com to look for visual cues of any "sameness", too. There should be detailed illustrations in both places.

I highly suspect the base panel the pad attaches to is the same for both model years, but like the similar Chryslers, there are differences between the two model years in the pad itself. Seems like the Chrysler pad is deeper in the '68s than the '67s, for example. But they bolt to the same sheet metal.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

To verify their possible "sameness", two places to look. Download the parts books at www.mymopar.com and then peruse the order guides at www.hamtramck-historical.com to look for visual cues of any "sameness", too. There should be detailed illustrations in both places.

I highly suspect the base panel the pad attaches to is the same for both model years, but like the similar Chryslers, there are differences between the two model years in the pad itself. Seems like the Chrysler pad is deeper in the '68s than the '67s, for example. But they bolt to the same sheet metal.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Thanks CBODY!

From hamtrack-historical

67_Polara0006.jpg

68_Monaco_Polara0020.jpg

To me, they look different in the pictures, but without seeing them in person I'd still be guessing.

Most of the Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge cars in 1968 had some form of lower dash pad, looking at those pictures I'd say no the 67 is different than the 68.

Alan

All C body dash pads were changed for 1968 due to new safety regulations that went into effect that year.

Jeff

Back