67 Crown Coupe Fender Tag

daveydave10

Reaction score
Hello,
I was able to decode the majority of my Fender Tag, but have a couple holes if anyone has a full list somewhere and could help me out?
I'm also wondering if anyone has any good sources on learning how to verify numbers matching car to block, heads, rear end, etc...?

Here's what I have from a decoding site:

5 78 6707
1 91 2589 8 951 316
2 M3A BB1 8
YM23 81 5 835 906 14877

Last 6 of VIN (for Matt!) 108920

CAR: Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: September 06.
AXLE: 2.94 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Gray Interior.
PAINT: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Stripe Deleted.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
D9: Front Disk Brakes
E1: Cleaner Air Package
H2: Power Locks
J5: LH & RH 6 way power bucket seats
K8: Power Windows
L9: Power Vent Windows
N8: Rear Window Defogger
Q9: Sentinel Lighting
R5: AM/FM search tune radio
S1: Air Conditioning
W3: Unknown Option
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y6: Black Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
b5: Rear Arm Rest w/ Ashtray
d7: Unknown Option
e8: Unknown Option
g6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
j0: Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror

FenderTag.jpg

You have the silver leather interior and we’re all going to want to see it immediately or sooner.:wideyed:
889CC41B-3F07-4AB3-AE3F-6CA995EDBD72.jpeg

I’m thinking d-7 is either rear seat speaker w/reverb or heater rear seat with defroster, do you have either of those?
I never figured out e-8, I have it as buffed paint but I don’t know how I came up with that.
No clue on the W-3 either.

Do you have the build sheet for it?

Thanks for the insight Matt. I'll get back to you this weekend and also get some pics up when I get some daylight.

Not sure if you caught it on my other 'welcome' post, but it's the same car that somebody else posted a picture of on your 50+ page post.

Wait a minute, that car was black originally?

Oh, this is the one from the inland empire? Glad to hear it was black originally and not a weird cover up.

What’s the metal look like? I liked that car. Had mine not been in the middle of paint, I might have gone after it myself.

And the huge question (for me): you have ac, but no auto temp?

Apparently so, surprised me too. They covered it well, only remaining black is under the hood, whereas yours looks to be silver.
Lots of pictures please.:thumbsup:

I’m thinking d-7 is either rear seat speaker w/reverb or heater rear seat with defroster, do you have either of those?
I never figured out e-8, I have it as buffed paint but I don’t know how I came up with that.
No clue on the W-3 either.

Do you have the build sheet for it?

Hey Matt,
No buildsheet... It does have rear speaker and rear defrost...could be onto something!

IMG_1444.jpg

Oh, this is the one from the inland empire? Glad to hear it was black originally and not a weird cover up.

What’s the metal look like? I liked that car. Had mine not been in the middle of paint, I might have gone after it myself.

And the huge question (for me): you have ac, but no auto temp?

Yep, that's the one! Metal is near perfect, lil bondo on passenger side bottom quarter that previous owner did himself that needs to be redone. He didn't sand it down well before painting, but you can see the metal is perfect behind it, so appears to just be a minor dent, which is what he also told me. Few dings here and there of course as well.

Yes, AC car, and rear AC, but no Auto temp.... why is that a huge question?

Auto temp rarely works and is difficult and expensive to get working.

Car looks great, what are your plans for it? Does your auto pilot work? How many miles are on it? How long did the previous owner have it? Bummer that the upholstery was redone so poorly.

Car looks great, what are your plans for it? Does your auto pilot work? How many miles are on it? How long did the previous owner have it? Bummer that the upholstery was redone so poorly.

I've got a rear end howl, thinking it could be pinion bearing, so need to inspect/replace that. Blinkers are whackadoo, so need to get those working... Otherwise, just slowing try to collect some replacement parts for it and just enjoy it for now. Ideally, fix the body work and get it painted over the next year and maybe work on interior replacement if I come across some items.
Also want to work on documenting the numbers of the engine, etc...have never really done that kind of thing before, so am researching matching numbers info... I know there's laws about protecting previous owners identities, but I want to look for ways to find out what I can about other owners. My keys are stamped with 'Crane' which seems odd. Previous Owner said he was told from AZ auto broker that it was owned by Bob Crane, but that's all hearsay...
I have the linkage to hook up the AP under the hood, but still need to install it, then test to see if it works.
80k miles on it, previous owner bought it out of AZ 10 years ago.

The one pic of the engine shows the casting number on the side of the block, adjacent to or on the other side you’ll find a casting date that’s a bit smaller than the casting number. Our build dates are only 2 weeks apart and you’ll find pics in my Imp thread of the casting date on the engine there for reference.
No rear A.C. in your car. The switch that says rear air on it is for the rear defogger.

Back