67 Fury Glovebox install question

Jengel451

Reaction score
My old one was basically destroyed so I got a new one, it's fully assembled.

My car is factory AC so no way to install from underneath, and I REALLY don't want to pull out the entire dash. I've been searching and searching for a "how to" but the only common thing I can find is "It's a total pain in the A$$ but doable"

Anyone have any specifics? I'm about to cut the thing in half and install in pieces and patch them back together once installed......not something I want to do.

Looking for someone that has actually done this with this type of glovebox/year/model etc. Too many variables with other years and models.

The box should fold at the edges, think of flattening a cardboard box. After you have it somewhat flattened, put it into the opening and "unfold"it, making sure the opening is facing you. It is a PITA. Good luck.

There should be some seams that may have some perforation. Almost need to collapse it in the center and sides, slide through the opening (or actually force) and then pop the center and sides back out. Not easy but doable. Kind of like origami.
You will have skinned knuckles when you are done.

Glove box install requires proper use of curse words. If you don't cuss properly, vehemently, and nastily enough-ie....it simply won't go in. Gosh, dang and "golly gee willikers" only make it worse.

My 70 300 box is two-piece, meaning twice as easy as a fully assembled one-piece unit. But it's still like wrestling a damn alligator.

I was going to tackle it this evening after reading all the comments. But AFTER looking in the shop fridge realized I didn't have enough beer to do this job justice....tomorrow evening for sure though!

Congrats on the install, I feel your pain. I'm doing the REM glovebox install in my 67 fury with the dash removed and its not easy either. The lower holes do not lineup and the bottom edge needs to be formed up to fit correctly I'm not sure if the hinge brackets go inside or outside of the box itself. I've had it in and out several times and had to trim the bottom corners in a couple places.

Back