67 fury heater delete

k-ams

Reaction score
Bought a 67 fury about a month ago, has factory heater delete, Arizona car.
Did they just use the standard dash bezel for non AC?

I found 2 build sheets today under the back seat, how do I know if the cars supposed to have a radio or no radio? What's the number supposed to be on build sheet?

Thank you for any help.

Bought a 67 fury about a month ago, has factory heater delete, Arizona car.
Did they just use the standard dash bezel for non AC?

I found 2 build sheets today under the back seat, how do I know if the cars supposed to have a radio or no radio? What's the number supposed to be on build sheet?

Thank you for any help.

Hi Kurtis,

Yes they used a standard bezel for heater delete cars, they just had a block off plate there where the heater controls normally go. Those are VERY RARE pieces too. Regarding the radio, if the car is a radio delete there would be a "block off plate" or Plymouth medallion they just put over the spot where the radio normally goes that just snaps in. Our Turquoise '67 Fury II 440 stroker sedan I sent you pictures of has both of these, so I will get pictures for you so you can see what I am talking about. Whether to know if you do not have a radio, IF i remember correctly the code is R08.

Hope this helps you out.

Thank you, pics would be great.
Any pictures of the fender tag?

Here's an example from a car with the 5.5 watt radio, the 2 under the R is for the 422 code.
IMG_20180626_201445214_01~2.jpg

Here is the code on a broadcast sheet, this being for the standard 2 watt radio, code 421.
IMG_20180225_182223~2.jpg

That was the two options for radios. No number if it didn't come with one .

Here is my source to why I said what I said about the radio, don't know how accurate it is. I still have yet to get pictures of the stuff I am talking about too.

20200616_234612.jpeg
help 2.jpeg
help 3.jpeg
help 4.jpeg

Thank you, pics would be great.

Hi Kurtis,

Here are the pictures I told you I would get for you. I made a mistake, I thought that the radio delete plate had a Plymouth medallion. It does not as you can see but that in the picture is correct.
hotrod 1.jpeg
hotrod 2.jpeg
hotrod 3.jpeg

IIRC, only cars sold in Hawaii and Puerto Rico were available with heater delete? Heater delete means no defroster either.

Back