67 Heater Control Valve

Jengel451

Reaction score
I just got my valve back from being rebuilt. Looks like I MIGHT have lost the cable clamp that controls the heat. Does anyone have a picture of how the clamp gets attached to the valve? I know the end of it goes on the lever, but I can't seem to find my clamp for the plastic housing.......May have to make one.
20221230_171710.jpg

Last edited:
You see the groove i the flange shown above the spring lever? The armored cable rests in there and a metal friction clamp goes over it to hold the outside of the cable in place, while the inside eyelet is wrapped around the protrusion seen on the spring-loaded valve arm. You are missing the clip. The valve looks iike a RANCO H-16 that is the similar to those used in 1964-5-6 Imperials.

The clamp can probably be made. A flat piece of metal, with a curved section that matches the OD of the cable housing. With a hole for a hex-head screw (probably black?) that screws into the hole in the similar curved section of the valve. As mentioned, the end of the cable slips over the lever on the valve. Probably a picture in the FSM?

Back