67 Imperial in Seattle Area

SeaFuse

Reaction score
Curious if anybody here purchased this 67 that was for sale as a Nissan dealer in Puyallup for some time this Autumn. Was on BAT prior (no sale). Dealer acquired at a Lucky Auction (local).

1967_chrysler_imperial_1967_chrysler_imperial seattle.jpg

That’s a beauty! Do we know what it didn’t sell for on BAT?

Nice car, but the stance is wrong. It needs to sit lower to the ground...it's not a 4x4. This car is 3-4 inches too high.

The centre for the wheel cover in front should be just below the centreline of the side of the front bumper and the the centre for the wheel cover at the rear should just be visible below the lip of the fender skirt.

Like this:

images.jpg

That’s a beauty! Do we know what it didn’t sell for on BAT?
Not sure but my guess was the Reserve was too high for what people were willing to pay and the Seller did not respond to any questions. I checked it out a couple months ago. Dealer bought on a whim at a local auction for $15K. Would not budge on $19K price. They said they would put in another auction if it could not sell at their retail target. Was on local CL for a couple months with nobody coming to look at it, except me. Very nice family owned dealership, but they were open that they knew little about classic cars.

Car had some issues. When I checked it out on appointment, it had no brakes...pedal too the floor. Front calipers leaking badly. Budd calipers in need of ... work or conversion. Issues with power assit not holding as well ... maybe too much cam duration ... had an aux vacuum reservoir to possibly band-aid that. Engine had a well documented rebuild by a reputable Nor Cal shop, but was a better fit for a 'Cuda than Imperial. Engine would not build any cooling system pressure (suspect thermostat was stuck open or not installed) and engine got pretty warm... Had leaks from trans and engine. Paint was gorgeous - a quality respray. LH fender had quite a bit of fill (magnets would not stick). Some of the lower quarters had fill. LH door poor alignment and binds when closing. Door/window gaskets needing replacement. Interior was very nice but could not get carpet out to inspect the metal (collector types may not like the leather seats but they were so badass and comfy). A/C & Heat work but was hotwired to turn on compressor (thankfully not ATC). Heater core recently replaced. Power vent windows worked flawlessly! A ton of documentation with the car covering extensive service work over the years and ownership history. Appears to have been a Sacramento domiciled since day one and PO owned it for decades (I believe family auctioned it after owner passed away). Fender tag indicated Clean Air Package which I believe was for Cali vehicles. Car was too fringe for my interest to buy and was checking out for a friend overseas. A real shame such a great, rare coupe had poor interest and at the time low market value. If this were a comparable 67 Dart GT 273 AT hardtop it would of sold for double. Ride height could easily be fixed with t-bar adjustment and update of rear spring pack - totally minor issue.

Last edited:
That’s a lot of issues for 19k!

That’s a lot of issues for 19k!
I'm probably being overly-picky. It not like it's a $50K collector car selling at peak pricing. Most issues are fixable but being a respray would make it a difficult purchase. It's a very nice, rare well-documented Mopar!

Back