'67 Imperial Shackle Bushings

Brakes, Suspension, Rims and Tires

1. DbnGrnGiant

DbnGrnGiant New Member

Any one have a source or work around for shackle bushings on a '67 Imperial? it uses #2403154 shackle bushings which are 1 1/2" dia x ~1 1/4" wide". So far all I can find are smaller diameter bushings. Searched the old threads but didn't see anyone asking this question......
    on. IMG_20201028_163509111_HDR.jpg IMG_20201028_163530831_HDR.jpg IMG_20201028_163554162.jpg

2. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  3. DbnGrnGiant

DbnGrnGiant New Member

These are the smaller 1" bushing in the pictures.....I just received them from National Moparts today. So far the AC Delco shackle kit from Rock Auto and the Rare Parts Shackle from NAPA all have the 1" bushing rather than the 1 1/2" that's on the car.
    I'm on the hunt for NOS 2403145 bushings I guess!

4. Imperial Pete

Imperial Pete New Member

I got mine from ESPO Springs & Things.
    Ask for Laura, they were the same as a Dodge van. The ones they had as listed were wrong. I say she would remember my order as we went back and forth for a while. Tell her you are after the same bushes that you sent to Peter from Australia with the 71 Imperial. Your 2403154 is the same as my 71.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. garyh

garyh Well-Known Member

Yes, Try ESPO.

6. 69PHOENIX

69PHOENIX Member

G'Day,
    As a Last Stage Desperation you could get a Lathe Guy to make you a Set from Nolathane. Not a Big Fan myself as I failed to Properly Install a Set in the Front End of an A Body Many Years Ago & they "Squealed" Like a Bugger every time you drove over a Speed Hump. Sounded like a Donkey Braying.
    As I Say Not a Fan BUT better than Nothing. A Friend had a 59 Dodge, His Wife liked to bump the Gutter when Parking & this would Pinch the Power Steering Ram Seal & he'd have to replace it, in the End it got so that they were very hard to Find so he had a Fella turn up a Whole Batch of Nolathane Replacements.
    You need to have the Right Grade of Nolathane otherwise if it's Too Hard it will transfer all the Stress & Impact into the Suspension Components. Found this out Many Years ago when the Suspension / Control Arms in our Army Trailers Began Cracking.
    Tony.M

7. Big_John

Big_John Illegitimi non carborundum FCBO Gold Member

That really annoys me that they have listed that part number on their website.

8. DbnGrnGiant

DbnGrnGiant New Member

At least Rock Auto paid for the return shipping.....I'm waiting to hear back from May Moparts

9. DbnGrnGiant

DbnGrnGiant New Member

Thanks....I'll give them a call!

10. 69PHOENIX

69PHOENIX Member

"That really annoys me that they have listed that part number on their website."

Have a Similar Problem over Here. A Mob in Melbourne Keep Advertising they have Parts to suit Dodge Phoenix from 1962 - 1972.
    Sent me B Body Ball Joints & Tie Rods to suit My 69 Phoenix (Plymouth Fury)
    All Very Well, They Refunded, But the Car was on the Hoist & They continue the Same Ads.
    Maybe it's Time to do a Teddy Roosevelt. LOL
    Tony.M