67 Monaco 500 console plate insert

GJS

Reaction score
Hey all,

I tore down my console today.. the majority of it is in fine condition and will be pretty much ready to reassemble after a deep clean and some touch up.

One issue I found was That the top plate insert (in my case like a deeply etched aluminum) is pretty badly scratched up in the area between the armrest and forward.
4D43EE06-644C-4F5D-8239-52463A5D503C.jpeg
7808E607-BB90-432A-A319-B72E77BF0AE4.jpeg

Sorry, it’s not super evident in the photos.. Anyway I’m going to make an attempt at at least hiding it a little better but I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that repopped these inserts or had any experience with “resurfacing” the existing panel?

Any thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!

I have seen reproductions of these advertised somewhere. Try Van's.
I didn’t see it there though there were a few other needed things so thanks for the heads up!

After a day messing about with it, I actually find the rash on it acceptable... may just be one of those things on this car that remains slightly used looking if I can’t find a replacement.

Best part was (and I’m sure this is not unusual) the absolute tail end of the console top (above the lighter housing but behind the armrest/storage area housing) still had the factory protective strip on this part.. you’d never see it as the armrest pad covers it but there it was. .. cleanest part of the console.

Back