67 Monaco 500 Heater Core Rebuild in the North East

GJS

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for someone to rebuild my heater core as I've not been able to find a replacement for an A/C car. I'd like to keep this local but could make it just about anywhere in New England, NY State or NJ.

Anyone have a trusted person for this sort of thing?

Or from ebay. Not cheap though.

65-68 CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH C BODY A/C Dual Heater Core Coil AC | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

I'm almost inclined to go that way as once I button this interior up, I'll not be too interested in dealing with it again.
I'll know for sure once I fish the damned thing out ... I'm not even sure where it popped yet.

There is a branch fitting that has two short hoses inside the air box, that is usually where they leak first, the hoses rot out.

Dave

Yeah, it could be as simple as replacing a hose.
upload_2019-7-15_15-7-29.png

I've never been that lucky, though, these weren't the problem.

There is a branch fitting that has two short hoses inside the air box, that is usually where they leak first, the hoses rot out.

Dave

Yeah, it could be as simple as replacing a hose.
View attachment 301878

I've never been that lucky, though, these weren't the problem.

Guess I’ll only know once she’s on the bench.

Either way, I’m not looking to do this again in the near future so we’ll see how it goes. Even if it turned out to be a hose, I’d be cautious of reinstalling that unit. The likeyhood that she’s going back together before the interior is as fixed up as I intend it to be is nil... ive already ripped way deeper into it than I intended.

If you're worried about needing to re-repairit, here's something that's helped me on that -
Stop driving your cars and just let 'em sit. I've prevented a bunch of repairs in this manner.:)

If you're worried about needing to re-repairit, here's something that's helped me on that -
Stop driving your cars and just let 'em sit. I've prevented a bunch of repairs in this manner.:)
Yea, I'm aware of that technique... lots of guys I know have tried it. Stuff still breaks.
I'm more concerned with bettering the odds, not sealing the car in an air and light tight environ.

Guess I’ll only know once she’s on the bench.

Either way, I’m not looking to do this again in the near future so we’ll see how it goes. Even if it turned out to be a hose, I’d be cautious of reinstalling that unit. The likeyhood that she’s going back together before the interior is as fixed up as I intend it to be is nil... ive already ripped way deeper into it than I intended.

pbvious popcorn.gif

Back