'67 New Yorker Ideas

Funkym44

Reaction score
Alright fellas. Bought this '67 NY 2 Door Hardtop last July. Happened to be ripped off a bit, some fine specimen had taken the original 440 out and slapped in a 1978 400 truck motor. After I got over the initial shock and anger of being screwed, I decided to take the hit as opposed to selling it and acquired a '67 440 from our mutual friend Murray. I'm well into the engine rebuild ATM. Had hardened valve seats put in so unleaded gas won't be a problem. I plan on rebuilding the 727, the rear diff, being a Sure Grip equipped 8 3/4 I'd say it's well worth the time. I guess I'd like to know what all your thoughts are on the body and any suggestions for a "day two" wheel and tire change could be. FYI I'm going to school in Arizona at the end of August and thus far my only preparations are going to be an aluminum 4 core rad from Champion Radiators.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Day 2?
Hang a pine tree air freshener from the mirror and leave it alone!
NObody did "Day 2" stuff to a 67 NY back in the day.
It will be more gorgeous leaving it alone. Don't eff it up.
And maybe a compass on the dash...

RE: 4 core radiator. I have heard two times now from people who ran into a fan clearance iss ue with 4 core. Plus if an aluminum 3 core can't handle it, there are other issues you need to address first.

Put the engine in there and drive as is. Why throw more money into it if you dont have to.

You could always clear coat the patina, if you like when Gas monkey does it.

Day 2?
I get that they weren't performance machines that folks were buying and slapping mags on in '67, but I think you get my point

Put the engine in there and drive as is. Why throw more money into it if you dont have to.

If I do that do I have to tell people, "Get you some of THAT" when I go to car shows?

Day 2?

RE: 4 core radiator. I have heard two times now from people who ran into a fan clearance iss ue with 4 core. Plus if an aluminum 3 core can't handle it, there are other issues you need to address first.
This company seems to make it to fit along with the fans. Here's the link. New Yorker (66-70)

If I do that do I have to tell people, "Get you some of THAT" when I go to car shows?
and Scream like a Retard every 5 minutes while running your fingers through your hair. But yea it would be different i guess.

but I think you get my point
If you absolutely, positively, have, to get it out of your system to "individualize" your car... 15x7 "Magnum style" wheels and 235/75-15's. Being a NY, I say whitewalls but I have a feeling you want raised white letters as if it was a 300.

If you absolutely, positively, have, to get it out of your system to "individualize" your car... 15x7 "Magnum style" wheels and 235/75-15's. Being a NY, I say whitewalls but I have a feeling you want raised white letters as if it was a 300.
The guy I bought it from had some Outlaws on it. Would some black OE wheels with some raised white letters look too wannabe muscley?

3/4 Inch whitewall is perfect for these cars. Just what the Doctor ordered.

Gotta go 15 inch wheels.

Definitely going with 15's. Kind of on the fence with white walls, I don't wanna look TOO pimp
Thats why you go 3/4 inch my Friend, Very classy. Anything beyond that is Obnoxious and "Pimp"

A little bit of whitewall is all that is needed. To add contrast.
All black is too cheap And White letters is to Muscley IMO.

Thats why you go 3/4 inch my Friend, Very classy. Anything beyond that is Obnoxious and "Pimp"

A little bit of whitewall is all that is needed. To add contrast.
All black is too cheap And White letters is to Muscley IMO.
Appreciate the advice brotha

Some sort of a period correct wheel would look good. Either an OEM road wheel or maybe something like a Keystone Klassic. Stay away form the "dubs" and that nonsense.

Some sort of a period correct wheel would look good. Either an OEM road wheel or maybe something like a Keystone Klassic. Stay away form the "dubs" and that nonsense.
Hadn't even considered those, now you've got me thinking

Wheels are such a personal Decision, i feel a little guilty even spouting my Opinion lol. But You will never get a Mass consensus on what wheel to go with So just choose wisely. And i will close with that.

Hadn't even considered those, now you've got me thinking
You can't go wrong with a Keystone wheel.

Funny thing... around here, "back in the day", the guys with the Chevys ran Cragars and the Mopar guys ran Keystones.

You can't go wrong with a Keystone wheel.

Funny thing... around here, "back in the day", the guys with the Chevys ran Cragars and the Mopar guys ran Keystones.
Where's around here to you? I'm in Kenosha WI and right now it's Torque Thrusts on GM and Magnum 500's on just about everything else LOL

Back