67 New Yorker Project

has2bmopar

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the New Yorker I did a few years back. The color is a tri-coat diamond pearl, definitely not original, but technically it is white as the paint code says.

I did some substantial bowl work and porting on some 906's and with a moderate cam, 223/230*-.520-.523, RPM intake and 3.91's this thing with the 440 seemed to be in the high 13's. Had a lifter go bad along with a cam lobe... (oil-zinc levels 101)

The engine project has now evolved into a 493 with Indy cnc'd heads, a quite healthy custom Lunati, Harland Sharpe rr's, Dynamic 9" converter, TTI headers, B-body Dana w 4.10's etc. I'm going to move the springs in about an inch, build some frame connectors and a driveshaft loop. Should be interesting what this thing will do.. turn some heads at least.

67 New Yorker (2).JPG

67 New Yorker (4).JPG

67 New Yorker (6).JPG

67 New Yorker (8).JPG

67 New Yorker (9).jpg

Last edited:
67 New Yorker pt 2

This was a '69 440 with some head work and just a re-ring, bearings, etc to get it on the road. The funds weren't available to rebuild the original 440 properly, so it was put off. Turns out while decking the original block for the stroker, cracks let themselves be known between the lifter galley and the deck, so the only original engine part to this car will be the timing cover...

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (49).jpg

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (58).JPG

Very nice car! It should be an absolute pleasure to drive. How does the interior look?

I love those. With looks like that why are E bodies in the high dollar range.....gorgeous!!

This car originally had brown/gold bench interior and I had a '67 300 parts car with black buckets, so the 300 seats were redone, and everything was replaced with black. Mounts had to be welded in for the rear seat back, along with the buddy seat mounts. Also changed the glovebox door, speedometer and radio bezels with the 300, as I just wasn't a huge fan of the woodgrain over the chrome and black pinstriped dash of the 300. I need the "New Yorker" drop center nameplate on the rear seat speakercover panel to replace the "300" plate. It also needs better lower interior chrome trim corners at the base of the rear glass from a 2dr '67 NY, 300, VIP etc.

The oddest part that won't seem to fit the car will be the Hurst floor shifter, but you can't chance finding neutral with the column shifter when the money invested in the engine and transmission is going to eclipse the cost of the rest of the car. I guess we should find out this summer what 700 HP will do in a 4500# car.

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006.jpg

I have the CNC'd Indy heads back, but I need to do a lot of finish work and polishing with some tootsie rolls to clean things up before I assemble the heads.

Still.... waiting on the machine work and balancing. The guy I tracked down to sonic check my Mopar Hemi mega blocks, and balanced my 572 rotating assembly, has done really nice work, but he is moving his shop and is waiting on a sizeable forklift to move his CNC equipment, so hopefully the 493 will breath fire by fall.

Here's a few more miscellanious pictures... .67 New Yorker (1).jpg67 New Yorker (2).jpg67 New Yorker (3).jpg67 New Yorker (4).JPG67 New Yorker (5).JPG

67 New Yorker (1).jpg

67 New Yorker (2).jpg

67 New Yorker (3).jpg

67 New Yorker (4).JPG

67 New Yorker (5).JPG

Such a pretty car, love the grille, nice work Has2B!

If that car had A/C, I'd be at your front door with cash!
Absolutely amazing thorough work right down to the bare carcass.
Beautiful!!

No because you expressed disappointment with the car having no air conditioning.

Back