For Sale '67 Newport donk

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
8K for paint, 4K for wheels and 2k for exhaust that he installed because it helps with gas and he wants someone to pay him for ruining the car....
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4833740921.html

image.jpg

Toss those wheels, put it on the road to redemption. WHAT is it with damn way oversized rims anyways, I don't get that. Put huge *** wheels on car, than proceed to lower said car.
Explain.

No kidding.....Are the exhaust pipes gold plated or something? Who pays $2000 for exhaust? Maybe the headers are hand made? I'd love to see a pic of the engine compartment. Probably looks like crap and still painted the original color.

I'll put my next Pension Check on that it has a cheap chrome air cleaner from AutoZone on it.

Posted via Topify on Android

Not really a donk, but please don't use that term here. It's offensive. :grin:
Your car is very tastefully customized, this car has been donked.

Usually when I think DONK, I see 30" wheels and tires with the car jacked up 6' in the air with Skittles or Lucky Charm graphics.

I put 20" on mine but they do not look out of place. Those are just way to big. I dont get the cars with the soda names on them. I see them (usually chevys caprices) when I pass the city. Are they paid by brands such as Dr Pepper?

I am a firm proponent of the right of people to do whatever they want with their time and money on their own car, whether I agree of not. None of my business.:D

However, if somebody tells me what they want to do with one of my cars for sale, and it bugs me, I also have the right NOT to accept their money.

case in point...a car of mine from a few years ago. 1972 Impala (sorry for NON-C body example).

guy made a written offer that met reserve, i wrote him to confirm it was real offer, he called me and told me he was putting "covered wagon" 28(?) inch wheels on it and lifting it a foot (whatever..i stopped listening after he said "donk") I canceled his bids.

I was OK with whatever he was gonna do with his car and his money...until he told me before he bought. Had he not told me, it might be on 28's right now with an energy drink sign on it.

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

I see 400 on the fender.... Is that one of those little talked about 402's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back