67 Polara 500 convertible

No problem I was just trying to get them on the way to Carlisle if he is looking to sell. I don't really want to chase the 4th back to Oregon for a spare set.
I was just being a smart ***, but I am helping Will free up space for the trip to PA. Finding a fourth shouldn't be too much trouble, I hope.

Finally, some pictures. She arrived in Alabama from Oregon on the 25th of May, a Saturday.
Pretty much what I expected. A solid rust free body, I mean.... No rust, zero, nada. 45 years in storage has left a few gremlens, exhaust is shot, brakes apply randomly, electrical issues. But it starts and runs great.

View attachment 289503 View attachment 289505 View attachment 289506 View attachment 289507 View attachment 289508 View attachment 289509 View attachment 289510

Interior isn't bad, driver seat is a little rough, carpet is ok. Being the survivor that it is I want to keep as much originality as possible.

Is that interior going to clean up to your standards or are you going to replace it?

The driver seat is pretty rough Bob. No one offers covers for this interior. I'll check to see if my trimmer guru will come out of retirement to make front covers. I think both will need to be recovered to match up. The back seat and interior panels are near perfect.

The driver seat is pretty rough Bob. No one offers covers for this interior. I'll check to see if my trimmer guru will come out of retirement to make front covers. I think both will need to be recovered to match up. The back seat and interior panels are near perfect.

The car chassis looked very, very clean from underneath!

Nice Will! Glad to see it. Oh man ‘67 Monaco’s and Polara’s are just so majestic.

I thought the ‘61 Fury (I think) was gonna be your last project, no?
Either way - good to see you still getting your feet wet.

If that is the original carpet there might be a build sheet under it. That is where I found my 3rd one

[QUOTE="Yeahrightgreer,I thought the ‘61 Fury (I think) was gonna be your last project, no? [/QUOTE]

I don't consider this car a restoration project. It's more about preserving a surviving original. As much of the original as possible will remain.

The Fury....... THAT is a ongoing project. I'll be posting more about it to.

If that is the original carpet there might be a build sheet under it. That is where I found my 3rd one

I really don't want to attempt removing the carpet, no need to. One broadcast sheet is enough. Any more will remain in their original resting place, even if I find another.

Finally, some pictures. She arrived in Alabama from Oregon on the 25th of May, a Saturday.
Pretty much what I expected. A solid rust free body, I mean.... No rust, zero, nada. 45 years in storage has left a few gremlins, exhaust is shot, brakes apply randomly, electrical issues. But it starts and runs great.

Interior isn't bad, driver seat is a little rough, carpet is ok. Being the survivor that it is I want to keep as much originality as possible.

What a great looking ride! I hope you enjoy it!

You described our Polara to a T! I had a good laugh at "Brakes apply randomly" Yes, yes they do!

Were those 15 inch aluminum slots on the front? I'm wonderin'...

Edit: Several folks have placed claims on the rims...day late...

FYI....... I ordered my exhaust system from tti and they will honor military vets with 10% off the selling price. (You have to ask). To me that alone is reason enough to do business with them. (Wal Mart won't do that).
It covered most of the shipping cost.
:usflag::thankyou:

Last edited:
FYI....... I ordered my exhaust system from tti and they will honor military vets with 10% off the selling price. (You have to ask). To me that alone is reason enough to do business with them. (Wal Mart won't do that).

Wil: What kind of lead-time did you get from TTI for that exhaust system? Are you gonna get it in time to install before Carlisle? I ask the question, because I need a system for my Parts Car, and I would like to get it in time also.

Wil: What kind of lead-time did you get from TTI for that exhaust system? Are you gonna get it in time to install before Carlisle? I ask the question, because I need a system for my Parts Car, and I would like to get it in time also.

No word about that yet Rip. I haven't received a shipping conformation. Best talk to Mike at tti for that information. I have a lot to do before the exhaust will go on so I'm not in a big hurry to get it .
I'll be working on the car all this week, complete brake system, get the fuel system in order, shocks, spring shackles, track down some electrical gremlins. I already have everything I need to do this. then the exhaust.

She won't be at Carlisle this July. Once she is up and working mechanically there's still the body and interior to deal with. Plus.... I'm bring Connie and can only tow one trailer at a time. LOL.

I hope to have her ready for Ocala in November though. And, of course, New Orleans in March.

No word about that yet Rip. I haven't received a shipping conformation. Best talk to Mike at tti for that information. I have a lot to do before the exhaust will go on so I'm not in a big hurry to get it .
I'll be working on the car all this week, complete brake system, get the fuel system in order, shocks, spring shackles, track down some electrical gremlins. I already have everything I need to do this. then the exhaust.

She won't be at Carlisle this July. Once she is up and working mechanically there's still the body and interior to deal with. Plus.... I'm bring Connie and can only tow one trailer at a time. LOL.

I hope to have her ready for Ocala in November though. And, of course, New Orleans in March.

Thanks a lot, Wil. The last exhaust system I ordered and installed on my '66 300 convertible came from Waldron's. I waited more than eight weeks for it. . . I'm hoping TTI has a shorter lead-time.

TTI

:usflag::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Wil. The last exhaust system I ordered and installed on my '66 300 convertible came from Waldron's. I waited more than eight weeks for it. . . I'm hoping TTI has a shorter lead-time.
If you can wait, order it at Carlisle. You can get a better deal on a show special from Rob's Rod Shop. They just drop ship it from TTI, so delivery time won't make a difference, but the savings is there.

If you can wait, order it at Carlisle. You can get a better deal on a show special from Rob's Rod Shop. They just drop ship it from TTI, so delivery time won't make a difference, but the savings is there.

Hey! Thanks a lot, John. I'll check them out.

Back