67 Polara 500 convertible

Thank you! I don’t remember ever going to a engine show and yet hoods up everywhere, shut your damn hoods so I can see the car I came to see!:mad:
Of course I much prefer swap meets over car shows any day, that’s where it’s ok to see your engines.:lol:
How am I supposed to get you those fender tags off the Imperials? :poke: Oh yeah, take a picture of it when I'm standing in front of the car with the hood open. :BangHead:

How am I supposed to get you those fender tags off the Imperials? :poke: Oh yeah, take a picture of it when I'm standing in front of the car with the hood open. :BangHead:
Ask the owner if he’d please open the hood. I’m happy to if anyone wants to see the engine.

In this car's case, I'd detail as much of it as possible. I don't feel that missing paint on the engine detracts much from this car. As you said, she's a survivor not a showroom example and I like "not too hidden" examples of what the car survived.

My 67 had some very ugly ford blue sprayed on it from the heads up and as I'd torn it down for the timing chain anyway, I just stripped, primed and shot what was already off the engine ... the block is still sorta dirty and whatever original paint is left.

I have been an advocate of hood, doors and trunk lid closed in showing a vehicle. Body style/design is best showcased that way. Engines and interiors create clutter when viewing a car. A row of cars with their hoods open looks like the service area of a dealership. An owner will likely be very happy to open the hood upon request.

In this car's case, I'd detail as much of it as possible. I don't feel that missing paint on the engine detracts much from this car. QUOTE]

Thanks, this is what I'm leaning towards. It's already pretty clean so a light power wash and some detailing would be the best method, I think.

Wil: If ya just clean and paint the valve covers, that is about 80% of what you see of the engine anyway. If the air cleaner is clean and pretty, there ain't much else to see.

I got to my brothers early this afternoon and got the tti exhaust unpacked. Beauty...! I took the pipes and mufflers to a local exhaust shop and had everything swedged and fitted already. Cost me $10.00.
I'll start the installation tomorrow am.
DSC04850.JPG
DSC04852.JPG
DSC04851.JPG
DSC04853.JPG
DSC04854.JPG

Last edited:
I got to my brothers early this afternoon and got the tti exhaust unpacked. Beauty...! I took the pipes and mufflers to a local exhaust shop and had everything swedged and fitted already. Cost me $10.00.
View attachment 295617 View attachment 295618 View attachment 295619 View attachment 295620 View attachment 295621
That's pretty cool. I've never dealt with a boxed system, unless you count Walker/Maremont stuff... and the counterman never got all of the hardware right.

Wil: I see they supplied the hangers, etc. Is that stuff like OEM, or is it universal fit? Do you think they are OK?

That's pretty cool. I've never dealt with a boxed system, unless you count Walker/Maremont stuff... and the counterman never got all of the hardware right.

Wil: I see they supplied the hangers, etc. Is that stuff like OEM, or is it universal fit? Do you think they are OK?

The TTI stuff is excellent quality and they supply all the hangers etc. that will fit your car. Like the rest of the system, it's not quite like the OEM for looks, but I think the quality is as good or better. It's heads above what most muffler shops use.

The TTI stuff is excellent quality and they supply all the hangers etc. that will fit your car. Like the rest of the system, it's not quite like the OEM for looks, but I think the quality is as good or better. It's heads above what most muffler shops use.

Thanks, John. I'm thinking about ordering a TTI system for my Parts Car.

Is it worth getting it welded up? It's so nice and fresh seems to be a shame to use all those clamps, but I guess it will work just as well.

Is it worth getting it welded up? It's so nice and fresh seems to be a shame to use all those clamps, but I guess it will work just as well.

I would never have a welded system installed on anything. At least I can take this system apart if I need to service a trans or something. Also, no adjustment when something starts to rattle. And guess where welded systems rust.... the welds. Clamps are the only way to go IMHO.

Installed the exhaust today. Went pretty smooth. The hemi mufflers pushed the system forward and I had to cut 2" off the exhaust pipes. Fit perfect then. I started about 8:30 am and had it on by 2:30 this afternoon. That's crawling around on the ground with the car on jack stands. I would recommend a hoist.
Also serviced the trans, filter and pan gasket.
I'll get her back down on the ground tomorrow and do some power washing.

DSC04855.JPG

DSC04856.JPG

DSC04857.JPG

DSC04858.JPG

DSC04859.JPG

DSC04860.JPG

DSC04861.JPG

DSC04862.JPG

DSC04863.JPG

Back