For Sale 68 300 conv. Not mine on cl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without having more detailed pics, this really doesn't look like a parter ... I'm probably missing something.... *EDIT* Oh wait, Buffalo.

Last edited:
Has everything I would want in a 68, too bad he is parting it out

I called him as I could use a few small things. However he said he has title and car is mostly complete minus a cracked motor.

I texted an inquiry to frame condition/availability of purchasing the whole car.... I will post up any more info if the seller replies

I texted an inquiry to frame condition/availability of purchasing the whole car.... I will post up any more info if the seller replies
Ok but I need the little metal things that go.on tje seat back to release the latch to fold forward.

I spoke with the seller this afternoon. He said that the car is two potholes away from the drivers side frame, torque box, and spring perch from collapsing ! Other than that the body is in fair condition ( for a Buffalo area car) I asked about several trim pieces that I was interested in, and he went into the garage and gave real time, detailed descriptions of the parts, but then he was a bit reluctant to give a price ( I believe that he is just not familiar with C body parts values) I asked if he was willing to sell the car as it sits in the pictures, he asked me to make an offer...... I said I would pay him $2000
He said that was about what he expect to get out of it parting it out, so he accepted the offer. I need to work out transport logistics, but it looks like I will be making a trip to Buffalo in a few weeks. 68 Bigred, I will send you the mechanisms that you need for free, after I get the car home. We can call it a finders fee! Thanks for posting the link here!

When I get it home, I will take good pics of the frame rot, and post them here. I will then ask for opinions on if it should / could be saved, or if it will be best used helping others restore a viable 68 300 vert. If this car is save able - I will offer it for sale here first for the price of my purchase price + only any costs I have to get it home.( after I swap out any parts that I deem to be better condition than I currently have) oh, and - 68Bigreds latch mechs !!

Such a great site we have here. Another great C body saved. I hope it will live again but if parted it will allow many other's to live on
I'm proud to be here.

Well guys,I am currently coming up empty with help of the transportation back to Maine. My brother (who I usually can depend on to haul my stuff with his truck and trailer) is not currently confident with the state of the transmission in his truck. My only other buddy with equipment to haul is not available to help. I looked into UHaul - but a thousand mile round trip is gonna be in the $550-$600 range....
I have a date of March 25th scheduled to go and at least get some exterior trim parts that I want. I told Ryan(the seller) that I will continue to try and arrange transport until then. We agreed that he will continue to sell other parts( other than the parts I listed to him) and if I do manage to get a hauler, we can negotiate on a price for whatever might be left of the car.
BTW he does not have an actual title for this car. He has a transferable registration, and some sort of document that states that he has the right/ ability to sell the car, and this would allow the new owner to get a title. It would not matter here in Maine! For all that is required to register - is a bill of sale on a vehicle older than 1985. However, this may be problematic selling to someone else in another state that requires a title - without exception.
So, in short, I am still trying to affordably purchase and transport the car, but it is currently looking like I may be just another seagull picking at the scraps. If the status changes I will let you know!

Here a thought, maybe u could get it and store it for a bit. I have room for a few weeks. Lol I won't steal parts

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well guys,I took a 19 hour round trip this Sunday!! And, well, that poor thing is TOAST! Full of 15-20 year old shoddy body work ( the sheet metal scraps used to "patch" the rear 1/4 were just left un finished under the rocker panel moldings) the spring perches could be squeezed with a hand and they crumble, rear frame rail is 2/3 gone. Top of driver door had poor metal work and a thick bondo mess.
The only saveable metal is hood,cowl, passenger door, and fenders
I asked to snag parts off of the seats, but he would NOT allow me to take ANY parts off of the seats- as he said they would be difficult to sell... He is asking $100 a piece for the seats. The transmission is gone and he has the cracked empty block sitting on the dirt pile behind the car.
I must say he was a pretty good guy to deal with, and I got a number of trim parts that I wanted. He has already sold a number of parts off of the car, and had more than a few calls for parts. I would say the car will not be available for picking parts by the end of April. So if you get the opportunity, please call him, and arrange a look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back