68 300 wiring box on inside firewall help

zombie

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the “technical name” for the small ( junction)box up under the firewall just to the left of the steering column Has approx 3 wires it kills complete power to car ( aside from horn) wires are all tight but by wiggling the box it brings the power back to life it has 2 male connectors any help would be appreciated sorry for no pic ill try to get one later today

Last edited:
Are we under the hood or under the dash? Left side facing the windshield from inside or out?
The questions above are pertinent but it sounds like all you really need to do is remove the part in question, clean all the contacts with a wire brush, scuff the mounting surfaces(both) and reinstall. Disco the battery first of course and it would be at this point that I would unplug your bulkhead connectors through the firewall, inspect, clean, dielectric grease and plug them back together. Wash rinse repeat your way around all the circuitry on the car right down to the bulb sockets.

Location is inside to the left of steering column you just about have to stand on your head to locate it due to its quit high on inner firewall location sorry for no pic atm one to follow

Location is inside to the left of steering column you just about have to stand on your head to locate it due to its quit high on inner firewall location sorry for no pic atm one to follow
Get a picture of it, or describe it better. I usually use driver’s side / passenger side, and provide additional details, such as “The device is 2 inches high by 1 inch wide and the electrical connections are on the driver side of the box. The cover of the device is black and about 2 inches tall. It is mounted about an inch below the fire wall to cowl weld lip and is 3 inches from the steering column, towards the driver’s side of the car.”

Back