'68 - '69 C-Body/B-Body Bucket Seats - Legendary Auto Interiors

moparjoe2012

Reaction score
In the December 2014 issue of Mopar Action on page 70 Richard Ehrenberg wrote an article entitled "Seat Time". It is subtitled "New millennium seats for '60's Mopars". In short, Legendary has made new foam shapes and original style covers to fit. The outcome is a way better seat in terms of fit and comfort that still looks appropriate to the original style. So far, according to the article they are made only for the '68 & "69 B-Body buckets. So, my question is are the C-Body buckets the same dimensions as the B-Body ones? If not, how much difference is there? Of course a conversation with the folks at Legendary should take place, but it would help to know ahead of time the answer to this question.

Thanks for the link just ordered the foams from my 68. Wish I could find the rear seat foam. Good news that one is in great shape.

From my experience the rear seat foam is just cut to size off a roll (not sure about the thickness) and laid between the burlap and new vinyl.
Any good upolstery shop should be able to reconstruct the rear seat.

legendary sells a rear seat kit which includes the foam,fabric,burlap,etc.

I bought that kit and it was a scam. Too much of one material, not enough of the next and to be honest I think their foam is too thing and the density is lacking. You could probably do better at a fabric supply shop like Jo-Anne. They will have the foam, burlap, muslin (cotton sheet), hog rings and 3m spray glue. You can get the jute material from any place that sells carpet. I recommend restoring your seats just as they were put together at the factory with wire running through the burlap, etc. If you watch the Legendary Interior video's they omit some of that stuff that I feel is important to the longevity of the interior. If you want a link detailing how we restored out '66 Coronet bench seats I can post if up. Lots of detailed pictures of each step.

legendary sells a rear seat kit which includes the foam,fabric,burlap,etc.

Do you happen to know if the '68 seat frames are the same as '67? I have a hard time believing that the same foam in a '67 Coronet fits a '67 300 seat. The foam they list for a '68-69 bucket looks more feasible to me.

Thanks for the link just ordered the foams from my 68. Wish I could find the rear seat foam. Good news that one is in great shape.

I looked at that site again and did see the seat backs that match mine. Guess I had to look a little harder!

Now I need to get my wife to agree with me spending some more money on my car!

Joann fabrics has foam buy it big enough then steal (borrow) your wife's electric knife and trim to fit for rear seat with new burlap or felt to cover springs. The burlap needs to have MIG wire woven in or it will move around and bunch up but it keeps it authentic, felt is easier, also buy felt if for sharp edge protection of springs/frame against new vinyl. Buy the front foam if available.

hog ring the burlap around the perimeter and it won't bunch. it's just there to support the foam. the rear seat backrest with the cloth and batting is a different story :BangHead:

hog ring the burlap around the perimeter and it won't bunch. it's just there to support the foam. the rear seat backrest with the cloth and batting is a different story :BangHead:

If you can find a tight weave burlap but most are so loose now the strands will move over to one side depending on your butt and how you sit down.

If you can find a tight weave burlap but most are so loose now the strands will move over to one side depending on your butt and how you sit down.
that's for sure. quality has gone down hill. the cheap stuff can't be cut without it falling apart. the legendary kit has nice materials though.

Back