SOLD '68 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door parts grab!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark I have the same wheel on the Monaco. I've tried a couple different approaches to fill in cracks but they reappear. I'm open to suggestions or a new thread if someone has had success.

I never did it myself, but I searched for it a while ago and the following video look quite right to me. Maybe this will help you..?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isF_zDPCiwg

Sir, would the rear tail section (where the tails mount to) still be available? Really meaning the body metal?
Oh, and are the tail lights gone already?
Is there much pitting in the chrome?

Did it have disc brakes up front?
Thanks

Errol

Last edited:
I'm glad my internet digressions could help someone.

Last edited:
Sir, would the rear tail section (where the tails mount to) still be available? Really meaning the body metal?
Oh, and are the tail lights gone already?
Is there much pitting in the chrome?

Did it have disc brakes up front?
Thanks

Errol

Sir? Is my dad standing behind me?? You may call me Matt, thank you.

Anyway, I have no tail panel but I still have the tail lights and the finish panel that goes between them and they have some pitting. If you want better pics I can take some.
No disc breaks on this one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What about the sun visors? I didn't see them in the pics.
Would you know if the headliner would swap to a '66 Yorker?
I could get measurements..?

Errol
No sun visors and I'm not sure if the headliner would fit a '66 or not, is yours a 4-door sedan? I'd be happy to measure.

Sorry.. Sir, It's the way I was raised.. "Dad" was only really used in moments of endearment. (plus, It works really well if I forget someones name, and it makes them feel special)

I have a '66 2-door. I'll try and get out there and measure.

Oh, and I saw a 'master' window switch. Mine controlled every window EXCEPT the drivers one. SO, it could be the switch OR motor. And since you have a switch, you might have a D/S-Door, do you know if the window motors might be the same? NOT the window trans, the motor itself..
Thanks, I'll pm you my contact info.

Errol

The gas tank is rock solid. I don't think there are any thin spots or pinholes however it does have what appears to be surface rust inside likely due to condensation but its been dry for a long time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BUT, NO ONE EVER TELLS THE CUSTOMER TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO PICKUP-SOCK/SCREEN IN THE TANK!!
WHICHEVER SEALER IS USED..

Then you have rendered your nice, new, sealed gas tank useless because now it WON'T suck up the fuel..

It's almost worth it to cut the tank in half, sand/glass blast it, seal the halves, weld back together and pour a little sealer in, and rotate on edges to seal the welding. THAT way one can actually SEE what's going on in there. Who knows, the pickup tube might have the last 2-3" gone from rust. And you wonder why you run out of gas when you still show a 1/4 tank. (hhmmm..)

I need another tank for my '66 but shipping would probably be more than the tank.

E

Last edited:
I had an inquiry on the tank, that's why the pics. Anybody have an idea on cost to treat the inside of this and make it useable?

Gas tanks

Find a radiator shop and have it boiled out and know that some of those shops can line it inside and outside as well. As for shipping, I'd check the shippers before you go thru' the trouble. Most will not ship a used tank:BangHead: Jer

Thanks Jer. I'm not putting any money into this, it would be for the potential buyers benefit. If nobody is interested I'll probably keep it around as a spare as it's too solid to scrap.

I have no A pillar covers, sorry.
Welcome to the site though!

I do have them but one is missing the little extension to meet the dash.

image.jpg

Sold the back seat, bumper jack, package tray and the rad stone shield.

There are 4 of them and I'll take some close-ups of them when I'm at the shop next and send you a pm when I post them up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back