NOT MINE 68 chrysler woody conv 11K

69monaco

Reaction score

00H0H_caVpy0dEiIq_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Could someone tell me what that is on the front deck between the wipers, some type of light, horn ???
Cool looking car.

I believe that was sensor for the headlight sentinal system. Hi beam auto dimmer, had system on one of our 68 300s,

Power vents!! This has to be the most well appointed Newport I can remember seeing, What a great car!
the headlight sentinel was a different and separate option from the auto dimming feature.

Power vents!! This has to be the most well appointed Newport I can remember seeing, What a great car!
the headlight sentinel was a different and separate option from the auto dimming feature.
So Matt, what is the difference between the headlight sentinel and the auto dimmer feature?

So Matt, what is the difference between the headlight sentinel and the auto dimmer feature?
The auto dimmer automatically dims the brights when it senses oncoming traffic. The headlight Sentinel turns the lights on when it gets dark such as nightfall or going through a tunnel and also leaves the headlights on after the key is removed giving you time to safely get into your house for example. This feature means the headlight switch can always be in the on position and uses an adjustable photocell about the size of an old bottle cap on top of the dash.

I didn’t notice until it was pointed out by a friend this morning because I wasn’t looking that closely but this one’s had some bodywork along its lower regions. Rocker covers even. Still a fair asking price though imo..

I didn’t notice until it was pointed out by a friend this morning because I wasn’t looking that closely but this one’s had some bodywork along its lower regions. Rocker covers even. Still a fair asking price though imo..
Yep, good eye to catch this. They welded another layer on top of the old. That's some old style "send it" bodywork. Still not a bad car for the money.

That work was probably done a while ago, so it's probably not going to self destruct in a few months.

00808_1dOBVYz1mB3_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_ayQUm28ayrS_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Yep, good eye to catch this. They welded another layer on top of the old. That's some old style "send it" bodywork. Still not a bad car for the money.

That work was probably done a while ago, so it's probably not going to self destruct in a few months.

View attachment 580822
View attachment 580823
Quite a bit of mud behind the rear wheels too.

Great car for the money! I also see cruise control, cornering lights, A/C, three speaker dash. Downside is that it is missing some of the woodgrain surround trim and it looks like all of the woodgrain on the passenger side trim. If someone here gets this car I have the missing trim piece.

Back