1BC9D63E-78F3-42F7-8A0D-8D1EAF529AEA.jpeg
2825B1C4-BA30-437B-A877-213C63E31287.jpeg
8A580E4F-1522-4BA6-AD08-3836050EDD9A.jpeg
2582D5E6-2DDD-4C38-9DAF-EFDA4C9DE4B7.jpeg
A4630FC7-62CE-4A1B-8E05-B1F1D3BFC0AB.jpeg
981D979F-E80E-49A2-8139-D033FC2C593B.jpeg
1968 Plymouth Fury VIP 440 -

Factory 440 Big Block & Factory A/C.

Super nice car with brand new Holley Fuel Injection & modern air conditioning upgraded factory air.
Brand New wheels and tires with less than 5 miles on them.
Everything mechanical on this car has been replaced with brand new or been rebuilt. The engine and transmission are all original with only 46k original miles.
$15,999 Birmingham, Alabama

For a moment there I thought it was another VIP that was missing the skirts...glad they still have them. Clean machine.

Brad,

I really like your car. I am a '68 Fury collector and have been for nearly 30 years, just sold a VIP coupe that needs some work and currently own 3 '68 Furys and used to have twice that many. I have watched your car no sale on eBay twice.

If your VIP was completely stock and had a correct, original dash pad then it might be worth close to what your opening bid on eBay was IMHO.

While it is a rare car, VIP's and Fury III's with a 440 don't bring the same money that Sport Fury's do. Opinions are like butts, everyone has one but I feel that I have a pretty good handle on '68 Fury values. If I had not just bought a new house and were not moving (again) I would make you an offer for what I think the car is worth. Most folks want a VIP completely stock. It is not a car to modify, again just my opinion. Good luck with trying to sell the car. I hope that it finds a good home.

I have no comment on the asking price but I could live with those aftermarket wheels.
Interior looks tired but the car is a Looker.

I have no comment on the asking price but I could live with those aftermarket wheels.
Interior looks tired but the car is a Looker.

Okay, I'll say it...:p

It's high(er) than expected but still a sharp looking car.
At this price point currently, one would expect perfection.
The C's are rising though in value(cost) whether we like it or not.
We are the guardians of the last affordable collector cars.
We are due for some respect not only in the appreciation providing memories but also inthe pocket book should we choose to sell it on to the next custodian!

How's that for a respectful response?

Brad,

I really like your car. I am a '68 Fury collector and have been for nearly 30 years, just sold a VIP coupe that needs some work and currently own 3 '68 Furys and used to have twice that many. I have watched your car no sale on eBay twice.

If your VIP was completely stock and had a correct, original dash pad then it might be worth close to what your opening bid on eBay was IMHO.

While it is a rare car, VIP's and Fury III's with a 440 don't bring the same money that Sport Fury's do. Opinions are like butts, everyone has one but I feel that I have a pretty good handle on '68 Fury values. If I had not just bought a new house and were not moving (again) I would make you an offer for what I think the car is worth. Most folks want a VIP completely stock. It is not a car to modify, again just my opinion. Good luck with trying to sell the car. I hope that it finds a good home.
I agree with what you've written, but will counter that if someone wants a fasttop Fury, with factory pedigree of either 383HP or a 440, and in very good overall condition, the pickings are *really* slim. If that were my car I'd be asking a price similar to $16k and be content to keep it if the offers weren't at least $15k.

I like buckets/consoles, and 4-speeds, and Sports, and all the things 'accepted' as cool and valuable. However, if I'm looking at L-code VIP and a 383 Sport Fury in comparable condition/price, I'm picking the VIP. Esp if it's a 383-2, which are too commonly what seems to pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back