'68 Fury Wagon frame question

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a '68 Fury Suburban, my question is, it should have bushings between front frame and the body, to avoid vibrations to the body?
I noticed there are bushings at the rear bolts (pic 3), but not at the place shown in pic 2 (front bolts), where seems to have some kind of plate. It's right this way?
It seems to have a small differente in the gaps between the frame and body, comparing both sides.
I was taking a look there, 'cause I noticed the right fender is a little lowered at the nose than the other side, looking for the front. No signal of collisions.

thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-16 at 08.05.33 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-16 at 08.05.33 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-16 at 08.05.32.jpeg

If you might not already have one, you can download (free) the factory service manual at www.mymopar.com and read the section of the service manual which deals with the front stub frame and body. There also should be a "diagonal" chart of measurements between specific parts of the unibody and stub frame, too.

What was on the '65-'68 C-bodies was a front stub frame which attached to the body section in a more solid manner than the later '70+ model year cars, to me. Hence what appear to be thicker washers rather than the larger insulators of the later body series. Washers whose function incluided interrupting a direct line of noise transmission into the body structure from the suspension and such.

Due to the build variances, some clearances will not always be the same, side to side. As if the sheet metal lines up, that's all that matters. Although the slots at the attachment points usually are very similar, they don't have to be.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

If you might not already have one, you can download (free) the factory service manual at www.mymopar.com and read the section of the service manual which deals with the front stub frame and body. There also should be a "diagonal" chart of measurements between specific parts of the unibody and stub frame, too.

What was on the '65-'68 C-bodies was a front stub frame which attached to the body section in a more solid manner than the later '70+ model year cars, to me. Hence what appear to be thicker washers rather than the larger insulators of the later body series. Washers whose function incluided interrupting a direct line of noise transmission into the body structure from the suspension and such.

Due to the build variances, some clearances will not always be the same, side to side. As if the sheet metal lines up, that's all that matters. Although the slots at the attachment points usually are very similar, they don't have to be.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Thanks for your reply,
Yes I did the download of the service manual, very intersting, but id doesn't show the kind of insulators that goes between the chassis and body... but according to your reply, the should be correct - they are thick!

Back