'68 Fury Wagon tank capacity

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Hi fellows,

After 2 running with no gas twice, this weekend I filled the tank and realized just 60 liters (15,8 gallons approx) fit there... is this a normal thank cappacity to the '68 C body Wagons???
As long as I remember, the '66 Sport Fury I had some years ago, had a much bigger thank. The gas gauge is not working as it should, too.

thanks

I don’t know about the wagon, but my ‘68 300 tank is 23 gallons. I would think a wagon would be at least that much.

Your wagon's tank should hold more than 20 gallons. Jack up your wagon by the frame rail in front of the left rear tire and remove the wheel and the bolted on access panel on the rear area of the wheelhouse to get a better view of the tank than you can from underneath and to get access to the fuel sending unit. See if the tank is crushed, check the vent lines to make sure that they are not clogged (mud daubers like to build nests in them) and also make sure that there is a ground strap connecting the steel fuel sender output line to the steel fuel line that runs to the engine compartment. If your fuel gauge is not working properly, this may fix it. It is possible that the tank was replaced with a smaller tank from another car.

24 gallons seems about right. Had a problem with the fuel cap on my '65 Imperial. I think it wasn't venting properly. Then on the '86 van the fuel pump was bad and with enough fuel the weight of it would bypass through the pump until about half was gone, then it would stop!

According to the owners manual the station wagon fuel capacity is 22 gals.
The most i have ever put in mine is 16 gallons but i never let it get lower than a 1/4 tank

Your wagon's tank should hold more than 20 gallons. Jack up your wagon by the frame rail in front of the left rear tire and remove the wheel and the bolted on access panel on the rear area of the wheelhouse to get a better view of the tank than you can from underneath and to get access to the fuel sending unit. See if the tank is crushed, check the vent lines to make sure that they are not clogged (mud daubers like to build nests in them) and also make sure that there is a ground strap connecting the steel fuel sender output line to the steel fuel line that runs to the engine compartment. If your fuel gauge is not working properly, this may fix it. It is possible that the tank was replaced with a smaller tank from another car.
I will check, thanks for your help!

Back