image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
While dropping a scrap truck today at yard,l came across this 68 imperial coupe stored out back. I asked owner about it and he said it was F/S,but did not know WIW?
Said derby guys have been bugging him about it,but does want to see it get wrecked!
Last ran 25 years ago.
Is VERY dusty there in pics,but the car looks very straight but solid.
Has high back buckets that
Car is located in Northern California.
If there is any interest? I will get further info.

This one could easily be saved. Blow the dust off and add some elbow grease and I bet it would look very presentable. It’s value completely depends on the condition of the driveline. If it could be made to run with/without a total rebuild. My opinion and just from the pics, $2500 as is where is and if the engine turns with the starter and the rest of the car shows life with a battery hooked up maybe $4,000. + or - of course.
Nice color combo and if it were a ‘67 it would be harder for me to watch this one sit there with derby guys circling it….

I agree.

This appears to be a very saveable car.

The red interior adds an extra bit of interest.

Jeff

The half vynil top is peeling and there is some chrome peeling under gas door on rear bumper.
Other than that it's a VERY solid car. Just very dusty. Owner of yard said he wanted to try to get running.
The pot metal looks very good on it
I don't want to speak for him,but I imagine 2500-4000 would buy it.

So what was the outcome? I look at this car and think how desirable it is and how dumb it would be for me to buy it. I hope someone on here has given it some love.

I have interest if you can see what he is asking. Let us know. I would like to put that one back on the road where it belongs.

It was still there last week. I will be going by there sometime this week.
I will push him for a as is price. He wanted to spend some time to get it running,but I know he's pretty busy and won't likely take the time.
I will find out about title and keys and get some motor pics.

Beautiful car and colour combination. I agree this needs to be saved. The tires are even holding air!

Update. I went by scrapyard today and got some interior/engine pics. Pushed him for a price. $2500 takes it as is.
Has power vents!!!!!!! Deluxe am/fm,pwr seat. Decent interior. Zero rust!!!!!
989E2B6B-2457-4A03-A7A9-2588AC1726CD.jpeg
4986839A-4418-4F1F-BD22-6CB886920003.jpeg
2E2026C3-2811-4091-A285-DCB42AF8028A.jpeg
53A4743D-13EE-401D-9FF2-51490FEC1CF5.jpeg
CFD5427C-FEB2-455F-AB8B-408A2D312FB6.jpeg
FEDEE425-8507-4FEE-BF63-E8EA2C126387.jpeg

Will post more later.

DDAAF7A5-2FA0-429C-8496-53BEB7636947.jpeg

Somebody besides me should really buy this.

Ken, you are an evil, evil person. If only I had a bigger garage...
Hopefully someone saves that beauty and gives her a good bath. A new vinyl top and a weekend under the hood and that will be a sweet ride!

I’m tempted,to buy it myself for that price..
I just might…. Something about the clear red steering that I like. Somebody stop me please

I made a deal for the car! Has rear A/C also. Will pick up on Monday.
Congrats Ken!
I think you will find that the rear air, if you’re just looking at the switch on the dash, is just the rear defogger. Lucky you though, it has Auto Temp ac!:poke::lol:

Back