68 Monaco Wagon - work has begun

Looking great Terry! Had Monroes on my first Doba still has them and still hold air....for a few minutes :)

Looking great Terry! Had Monroes on my first Doba still has them and still hold air....for a few minutes :)
Well then I might have to pull the compressor out of the ram and stick it in the wagon to keep the Monroe’s topped up.

Ready to slide the rear back in.
F842F97C-F563-43AC-ACBF-8F57501F0390.jpeg

Car looks great underneath! You're so far ahead when you start off with a nice, solid car.

I've yet to see a wagon fuel tank that wasn't leaking or didn't have some kind of patch on it, so that's a totally normal part of fixing these up.

Jeff

Well perhaps my 68 T/C wagon might be the first....;) Other then needing a new gasket on the sender it is in perfect shape. :)

Great looking wagon.....my guess is due to the trim on the side it would most likely would have had wood grain on it, but I'm sure with Ma Mopar you could have ordered the side trim and then deleted the wood grain. With a gold colour on the car I think a dark wood grain would look great!

Hang a second! Isn´t laminate good for floors, not cars, is it?

Serviced the transmission and cleaned the spark plugs this week so I took the wagon out today for a run about 20 miles up the road to pick up pops from the seniors lodge and take him out for coffee. He turns 90 this year and this car brought him back to the 68 Satellite he bought new. I was there with him dealing on it as a young lad of 12 years old wishing he would spring for the GTX in the showroom instead of a /6 Satellite sedan. He traded in a 63 chebbie bel air and paid $2500 difference on a $3800 new car. It was an all afternoon negotiation and they finally threw in a set of floor mats so he pulled the trigger.

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

This is the drive home. Just happened to catch the southwest US weather forecast on the radio. Pls excuse the low res quality.

Serviced the transmission and cleaned the spark plugs this week so I took the wagon out today for a run about 20 miles up the road to pick up pops from the seniors lodge and take him out for coffee. He turns 90 this year and this car brought him back to the 68 Satellite he bought new. I was there with him dealing on it as a young lad of 12 years old wishing he would spring for the GTX in the showroom instead of a /6 Satellite sedan. He traded in a 63 chebbie bel air and paid $2500 difference on a $3800 new car. It was an all afternoon negotiation and they finally threw in a set of floor mats so he pulled the trigger.

View attachment 270417
View attachment 270418

This is the drive home. Just happened to catch the southwest US weather forecast on the radio. Pls excuse the low res quality.

Looking good. It was a great day for a drive yesterday.

That’s awesome Terry that you got to do that with your Dad. My one big regret is I never got to take my Dad for a drive in one of mine. I’ll just have to borrow @300rag and pretend...hopefully he can speak in a Yorkshire accent while wearing a cap and drinking Scotch...

The hat yes. Apple juice in a Johnny Walker glass and the voice could be dubbed in if necessary, but to get him to play you might have to let him drive.

I did. Took the purple people eater out for a quick spin. Back to the grind today though.

That’s great. Through high school (mid‘80’s) my friends called my ‘68 Polara purple people eater as well. Same color but 2 dr HT

Back