68 newport weatherstriping

CARL J KUSTREBA

Reaction score
hello, just purchased a 68 newport custom. previous owner had it repainted. the car came with all new weatherstriping but no instructions and i cant find anything online. can someone shed some light on how these go back on. have all parts for doors and trunk but cant find any pics or info. thanks in advance, carl

sorry, its a 4 door sedan. some pieces have white plastic clips, some dont. also does it go on top of doors or in the channel on the body?
You are in luck.
Restoration Specialties does list door weatherstrip for 4 door sedans.
The white clips are in reproduction just look them up for a 68 Charger etc since Ma did use the same clips across the board.
I strongly recommend buying a factory service manual for your car.
Very helpfull especially regarding your concern.
Hard copy or on CD on ebay.
I like tge CD so i can print a copy and not worry about getting damaged in the workshop.
Hope this helps!!

It goes on the door. Look at the door you will see small holes formthe clips below the window level, but they don’t cone out easily so install it once.

generally the weatherstrip goes in a channel on the window frame.

figure out which one goes where the start at the top and let it hang down and install the clips.

Key thing is to determine the rh and lh sides. Lay them out in the sun to relax for nicer installation. I suspect that any Chrysler C-body family FSM from '65-'68 should have similar illustrations of how they install. www.mymopar.com for the FSM and parts book downloads.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Here's some pictures that might help you. Front driver side and rear passenger.
20200911_154122.jpg
20200911_154129.jpg
20200911_154138.jpg
20200911_154200.jpg

20200911_154210.jpg

Congrats on your purchase! I bought a 68 Newport 2 door slicktop back in March. My first foray in to old car ownership. Been a blast so far and the guys on the board are priceless in terms of experience, knowledge, wisdom, and help. :)

Back