68 Nwprt,One Step Closer

68Nwprt

Reaction score
The Newport becomes one step closer to being rust free. Rear deck filler panel repaired and getting closer to finish fit.

HPIM0903.jpgHPIM0905.jpg

HPIM0911.jpg

Picture of rusted panel purchased for the replacement. Was supposed to be rust free with original paint. None of these were true.

HPIM0880.jpgHPIM0881.jpgHPIM0887.jpg

Right rear quarter repair will be next. Let me know what you guy's think. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sneak peak of my 68 Newport.

HPIM0909.jpg

HPIM0911.jpg

HPIM0903.jpg

HPIM0905.jpg

HPIM0880.jpg

HPIM0881.jpg

HPIM0887.jpg

HPIM0909.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's going to be a mighty fine set of wheels when finished. I'm digging the partial profile, sticking the nose out the garage. Yup, I can see already it's gonna be cool.

Nice metal work Im getting ready to pull the vinyl top off of my 68 Newport Custom 4dr HT in hopes that it is clean under there...........

Nice metal work Im getting ready to pull the vinyl top off of my 68 Newport Custom 4dr HT in hopes that it is clean under there...........
Thanks. Hope it's clean also. What are your plans for the roof?

somebody else that sucks on this board ............................................

. respectfully of course, well done

Nice work, its fun isn't it?

Looking good. I still want to learn how to do metal work. I was hoping to take a class this winter.

Looking good. I also have a 68 Newport that I have been replacing metal. I just need to find more time to devote to it. Our projects are long, but I still love working on it.

I find the serious metal work to be the most satisfying work in the resto process.

Managed to get some work done on the Newport today. Left rear quarter body work is finished and ready for some primer. That should be happening shortly.

HPIM0975.jpgHPIM0976.jpgHPIM0981.jpg

HPIM0975.jpg

HPIM0976.jpg

HPIM0981.jpg

Very nice, looks warm there, we're still challenged in the warmth department up here but it's coming, has to be!!!

Back