'68 Plymouth Custom Suburban questions

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Hi Mates,

My wagon arrived here in Brazil some days ago... great car but needing many adjusts. Some pics attached. 383 2bbl / 727, single falimy since new, 72k miles.

My Wagon has the 3 point seat belt. Where it suppose to attach to the headliner, I believe mine is missing some part there (pic)... There is 2 buttons there but doesn't have the other par to attach. A pic of the missing piece, would help to reproduce something similar.

Another question, what's the function of that chrome piece inside the trunk lid (pic)???

thanks!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.36.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.38 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.38 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.38 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.39 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.39.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.40 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 08.16.40.jpeg

I don't know about the seatbelt but that chrome piece on the inside of the tailgate is for a strap. A spare tailgate I just bought has one. It's so you can close it when your inside the car. Your strap is missing.

Nice looking car! The t/gate strap might be illustrated in the Chrysler parts book. Free download at www.mymopar.com . Probably can be replicated by a trim shop, I suspect. Seems like the snaps on the seat belt and headliner were for a length of elastic band to keep the belt "out of the way"? Again, might be illustrated in the Chry parts book OR in one of the Master Tech videos in there, too? Look for "New for 1968" video?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

There was an elastic band on the end of the seat belt strap that snapped into place for storage. They usually got so stretched out you had to find a way to keep the shoulder belt from hanging down too low when not in use. Beautiful wagon you have there. Thanks for posting pics.

I don't know about the seatbelt but that chrome piece on the inside of the tailgate is for a strap. A spare tailgate I just bought has one. It's so you can close it when your inside the car. Your strap is missing.
Nice, I was thinking in something like a strap... could you please provide some pic?? thanks

Nice looking car! The t/gate strap might be illustrated in the Chrysler parts book. Free download at www.mymopar.com . Probably can be replicated by a trim shop, I suspect. Seems like the snaps on the seat belt and headliner were for a length of elastic band to keep the belt "out of the way"? Again, might be illustrated in the Chry parts book OR in one of the Master Tech videos in there, too? Look for "New for 1968" video?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
I will try to look the book and video, thanks!

There was an elastic band on the end of the seat belt strap that snapped into place for storage. They usually got so stretched out you had to find a way to keep the shoulder belt from hanging down too low when not in use. Beautiful wagon you have there. Thanks for posting pics.
Yes, I'm trying to find some pic of this strap, so I can try to reproduce something similar. Thanks for the wagon comments.

I will send you pictures tomorrow of my 68. I know exactly what you are pointing out and mine is intact .It's too late now and I'm getting ready for bed.

Back