68 vip coupe

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Here is anothe really nice C body my Tennessee friend has. A 1968 Plymouth Fury VIP 2 door.
I really got in his s**t about the way he has it stored in the shed. Made him feel so bad he promised to get it out...cleaned up and put into proper storage in a garage.
The car has 21K on the odometer. Pretty well optioned including a commando 383.
The right door molding has slight damage where the original owner scrapped the garage. The interior will be like new with a little detailing.

He hinted that he may sell but I didn't ask price. He's had this car as long as I have known him and has only driving it a couple of times.

68 VIP (Large).jpg

68 vip left side (Large).jpg

68 vip dash (Large).jpg

68 vip seat (Large).JPG

68 vip 383 HP (Large).jpg

Dangggg! Another great garage find. That car had to be sitting there at least 10 years if not longer to get that kind of dust on it. What a beautiful car!!!!

Fast top a/c car.
I'll stay tuned for updates.
Then again, I'm not waiting for yet another hoarder who does nothing but think about it. If it's truly for sale, tell him to call me...

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
If I ever end up a hoarder, I'd still drive the crap out of all them! Except in the snow. Heck, if I was a hoarder, I'd have a huptey to drive in the snow.

Not me I dont think I'd ever drive anything other than what I have now.

I sure hope he's at least driving one of those cars. If not, I hope someone is driving him around in one of them.

I sure hope he's at least driving one of those cars. If not, I hope someone is driving him around in one of them.

He has a couple of favorites that he drives regularly, a 65 Satellite, an 80's Dodge pick up, and a new 2012 Challenger. Most of the others that run and drive, (about 25 or so), get moved around the property now and then. Theres probably another 50 cars and trucks scattered around in the woods. Some real nice stuff too. 73 Imperial coupe, the 70 radio delete car, (45K miles), a 64 300 "K" coupe, several trucks.
He's always willing to listen to offers and loves to trade.
I'm not sure what he would take for the VIP but it could be had. Anyone who wants to be serious about it let me know and i'll put you in touch.

He has a couple of favorites that he drives regularly, a 65 Satellite, an 80's Dodge pick up, and a new 2012 Challenger. Most of the others that run and drive, (about 25 or so), get moved around the property now and then. Theres probably another 50 cars and trucks scattered around in the woods. Some real nice stuff too. 73 Imperial coupe, the 70 radio delete car, (45K miles), a 64 300 "K" coupe, several trucks.
He's always willing to listen to offers and loves to trade.
I'm not sure what he would take for the VIP but it could be had. Anyone who wants to be serious about it let me know and i'll put you in touch.

Can you get some pictures of the Imperial Coupe?

Can you get some pictures of the Imperial Coupe?

The only picture I took of that car is posted in the "interior parts for sale". Not a good shot i'm afraid. I plan on getting back up there in the next few weeks and will shoot more then. My friend Jim is not much of a "tech" guy. No computor, no camera. The 73 Imperial does have a factory tow package.... HUGE trans cooler...!

Any chance he has a '70/'71 Sport Fury or a '71 Monaco in the mix?

I know there are no Sport Furys and can't remember seeing a Monaco.

Why not get the party started? Make him an offer!

I don't party anymore. Lost my taste for it when I stopped being delusional after butting my head against a brick wall 10 million times.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results ..
My contact info is in my profile.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

The only picture I took of that car is posted in the "interior parts for sale". Not a good shot i'm afraid. I plan on getting back up there in the next few weeks and will shoot more then. My friend Jim is not much of a "tech" guy. No computor, no camera. The 73 Imperial does have a factory tow package.... HUGE trans cooler...!

Any chance he has a '70/'71 Sport Fury or a '71 Monaco in the mix?

I know there are no Sport Furys and can't remember seeing a Monaco.

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing pic's of that Imp.

Good one! It takes 2 to tango and one of them has to be a motivated seller.

Thing is..... This fellow dosen't dance well... and is not a motivated seller.

What I see is an opportunity for someone to obtain a beautiful, very low milage automobile... It is avaliable.
But they will need to do most of the dancing.
:eek:s_dancing2:

There seems to be the attitude that others possesions are judged on a different value level then ones own possesions. It's just human nature.
Really it's " I have it.....! You want it...? Lets make a deal....!

Back