WANTED 69 300 440 Air Filter Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDR2467

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have the top portion of the air filter assembly but was wondering if anyone has the bottom portion they would be willing to sell. Otherwise I will be forced to buy the aftermarket chrome Edelbrock assembly on EBay (which I obviously don’t want to do). TY in advance!

So what do I have? I’m pretty sure this is the top portion. The car came with a metal “TNT” trim piece (obvoously will not be used for my car) which fits perfectly onto the top of the piece I have in my possession. Am I wrong?

4D403D4C-D4E6-4CAB-BCA8-A582E08084CF.jpeg

C282B86E-FB6A-441A-9EA0-56D7731C9D5C.jpeg

264B9960-706C-427D-832B-4806F9464231.jpeg

CC7E1179-6D2E-4D88-BF53-8492B4B1A357.jpeg

That is a 68 (nipple on snorkel) 350 horse /non TNT 440 air cleaner
A 69 looks very similar, but will have a curved nipple on the body of air cleaner

That is a 68 (nipple on snorkel) 350 horse /non TNT 440 air cleaner
A 69 looks very similar, but will have a curved nipple on the body of air cleaner
TY... but can it be used on my 69 “non-TNT” engine. And what part am I missing? The top... or the bottom?

Yes you can use it on your 69 -You are missing the bottom part or base- that sits atop the carburetor- should be easy to acquire, I have a few in storage

Last edited:
Alternatively Mancini's sells drop down bases at a reasonable price that have a smaller diameter, same diameter as the air cleaner element/filter, which allows more air flow into the carb. You need to know the diameter of the carb top plate where the air cleaner base sits to make sure you get the correct base.

Alternatively Mancini's sells drop down bases at a reasonable price that have a smaller diameter, same diameter as the air cleaner element/filter, which allows more air flow into the carb. You need to know the diameter of the carb top plate where the air cleaner base sits to make sure you get the correct base.
As it turned out Move N Up did have the exact piece I needed. TY for the input, I’m sure someone else will benefit from your post. Stay Safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back