'69 300 4dr HT worth

GBsPanhead

Reaction score
I stumbled across a 1969 300 HT, green int/ext, (see only pic)...very close to me. Met with the owner today, super nice guy, had some good conversation. He bought the car for the drive train to put into a '68 Charger. Runs/drives, couple small tears in front seats, back seat in great shape. Found build sheet under back seat, did not remove it. Front drums, AC, power windows, pwr steering, pwr brakes. Roof is shot, rust issues/holes. Body panels free of rust, and very straight, chrome and SS trim is perfect, no dents, pitting etc. Bumpers look new! All the glass is good, all windows roll up/down. We believe the car was in SoCal all its life, maybe AZ too, as there are a couple AAA decals on bumper from AZ.

If he parts it out, I was going to get all the exterior trim, instrument panel, OEM jack, (just for show).

Now he may sell the whole car. I had offered him 1000 for the rolling chassis earlier in the day...probably too low, but I didn't get a bad response from him, so I don't know. I sent him a text tonight asking what he wanted for the whole car. He said to make him an offer.

What should I offer? I know it's hard without you guys seeing more pics. But does run/drive, and could be a good driver, but I just want the hard to get parts, and was going remove the panels/trim to store those for future use on my 300. Both he and I are torn between parting it out, and there are some good parts, or keeping it whole. Tough decision, but it's sooo hard to find panels, glass etc.

green.JPG

Last edited:
I would find it hard to justify investing in this car and keeping it as a complete vehicle given that it has a rusty roof. The cost and effort involved in replacing the roof alone would be prohibitive. I assume the dashpad is baked since it has a cover on it and it looks like the car is pretty aged overall given the appearance of the interior including the steering wheel. Drum brakes, few options that I can see and it is green pretty much kill it too given it is a 4 door. Get what you need and let him move on with his project would be my suggestion. Scrap the rest.

$1k for a rolling chassis is high for a 4dr. Rusty roof, unless you can do the work yourself will cost at least $3k to get replaced right by the time a vinyl top is installed. Usually cars with rusty roofs have rotted rear window channels which leads to rust under the rear seat, trunk floor and lower quarter radii. Take whatever parts you need and run.

Dave

A running driving parts car, $1250. Rolling chassis, maybe $750-$900. From my own recent experience, it takes over a year and a lot of work to part out a car this size, but even without the motor you could expect to get $2000 - $2500 and that is with most of the heavy stuff going to scrap. You would be amazed at what a lot of little things will add up to. Question is, is it worth the effort, taking apart, listing, packing, shipping and dragging to shows? I'll never do it again, but it was fun to do it once.

Not sure why everybody on here wants to part out any car that has some rust. Just weld patch panels in. The cars are 50 years old not all will be clean. There will be no more of these cars to restore. I havent even seen a 4 door 300 like that in years.

Back