69 300 convertible

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'd like to introduce y'all to Jezabelle..... She arrived here last Wednesday morning.
I should have her standing tall by spring for some fun top down cruzing.

She needs some work on the power windows, probably a carburator, I bought a legendary rear seat cover for her, I need to figure out why the headlight doors won't operate, and a few select items are on the way from a parts car in Idaho.

A body and paint "tune-up" is planned and a huge cleanup and detail job.

She's powered by a "K" 440, has factory A/C, power windows, brakes, steering. console, all tint glass, & TT steering wheel

I'm the 4th owner. She has 102K miles, (title says 98K in 1994).

I'd like to locate the Left & Right die cast chrome pieces at the top of the 1/4 panel where the boot snaps onto, and the Left & right chrome trim pieces at the rear fender above the taillights, and perhaps a nice front bumper that could be used as is. Does anyone know if these items will interchange from another "C"....?

OHhhhh. I also need the seat base trim covers for both seats.

Thanks for looking.
Will.

left front arrived (Large).jpg

right rear arrived (Large).JPG

dash & seats (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice car Will, the seat plastics are being reproduced now.You can find the pieces listed on e-bay and word has it they are better than originals.

A Chrysler guy will have to chime in on the chrome pieces. Love a white interior:love3:

seat trim

Thanks for the heads up on the seat trim pieces... I looked into them and while they seem to be a good quality product, they are quite expensive. Sold in pairs only for $120.00 with shipping. They are correct for power seat applications but will work with manual adjust seats.

As it turns out I only need a driver side. A good original will surface in time..... I hope..!

Last edited:
Nice car, congrats!

Is this the car from northern new jersey?

Yes, You had posted a link to a craigslist posting for the car. The ad was kind of vague and had no pictures but I was curious and followed up on it, and made a call. Glad I did...! After several conversations with the owner, who was a real stand up guy and just wanted the car in the hands of someone who would appreciate it, I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to Alabama. A new Edelbrock carb and it runs like a clock. Everything works except the A/C and a glitch in two of the power windows, (which should be resolved soon).
I've located almost everything I needed to upgrade the car, (With some help from members here), and it is going into the shop this week for some minor body repair and a repaint.
The front bumper and a couple of pot metal pieces are going to the chrome shop, rear seat has a new legendary cover. Some cleaning and detailing and she'll be ready by spring.

I'll post some pictures once she's back together.

so is it an early car (lack of headrests) or were they removed? Great car BTW - nice color combo and great options.

Hi--I make the seat trim pieces. I could send you a white driver side, Manual or Power for $60. These are hand-made fiberglass. So it is time consuming to make and trim each piece. I am a c-body enthusiest and couldn't find one anywhere so we started making them through ALOT of trial and error. Check us out www.dashes4u.com Thanks, Bob

so is it an early car (lack of headrests) or were they removed? Great car BTW - nice color combo and great options.

Built Oct 7, 1968. Very early car.

Damn Mark you let another one go

i did - yes, but according to the info i had it had rocker rust, so was a big question as to what it looked like underneath.

And it went to a very good home, which is always a plus. at least these cars that have been sitting for awhile have been getting scooped up by c body guys

69 300

according to the info i had it had rocker rust, so was a big question as to what it looked like underneath.

There are some rust issues with the car, but very minor. Lower front fenders, left side forward section of the wheel opening and very minor rust in the lower rear 1/4's and extensions as well as some rust in the panel between the top and deck lid. All will be delt with before spring.
The rockers, floors and trunk are very solid.
The car has been around the Atlantic coast, between NJ and the Florida keys most of its life which explains the type of rust issues and light "rash" on the pot metal chrome. Door handles, mirrors, etc are easy to replace.

It came with a large folder full of service and repair receipts from the past and seems like it has always been well cared for. There is a receipt for a transmission "exchange" back in the late 80's, (96000K), so that is not a numbers matching trans. The odometer shows 102000K now

I'm excited about showing her off this summer. Carlisle is a big possibility, I have three spaces in row N.

sear trim

Hi--I make the seat trim pieces. I could send you a white driver side, Manual or Power for $60. These are hand-made fiberglass. So it is time consuming to make and trim each piece. I am a c-body enthusiest and couldn't find one anywhere so we started making them through ALOT of trial and error. Check us out www.dashes4u.com Thanks, Bob.

Hey Bob.... I didn't see this post but I did purchase one from you off eBay... NICE PRODUCT.....!!!!! It is better then the original, I won't be afraid of breaking it in normal use.
Thanks.
Anyone even thinking about buying one..... GO FOR IT...!!!

Will.

I'm excited about showing her off this summer. Carlisle is a big possibility, I have three spaces in row N.

Looking forward to seeing it this summer.......................................
................ Could have been you Mark...:icon_pai:

Congrrat on saving Jezabelle and giving her a Good home. Another "C" body saved and appreciated :yes:

Great color combination !

They'll have to extend the C-Body line past the Port-a-Pot at Carlisle with all the cars coming this year!

They'll have to extend the C-Body line past the Port-a-Pot at Carlisle with all the cars coming this year!

How does one register for the "C" body line?? I already registered under the time bandit category but I think ANY body style can be in there. I'd much more prefer to be in the "C body only" line up. Is it the "C" body / full size 65-78 stock/modified class??

Back