WANTED 69-72 Calipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

66Fury383

Reaction score
Contact seller
Doing a disc swap on my Fury. I am using 69-72 Brake parts. I need a set of calipers, but everywhere I look online they are out of stock!

Let me know what you got!

Well, I went to NAPA. Nobody has the drivers side caliper! Everywhere online they are out of just the driver side. Frustrating.

Patience is a virtue, my guess is no one is manufacturing the cast caliper anymore and all the ones we buy today are reconditioned cores. You may try going to swap meets, such as Carlisle and see if you can find a decent core, then you could rebuild it yourself.

how to rebuild a brake caliper - Google Search

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP520?searchCategory=3.13&searchIndex=App

You may want to pick up the left side while you can if you haven't already.

I believe the problem is, everyone is swapping drums to discs so the supply of cores is drying up.

Thanks shooter. I've got notifications set up on rockauto if they happen to come into stock. Ill see whats around at local meets when I get the chance.

I tried ordering new calipers fir my 71 through Rock Auto, Parts Geek and Napa but none of them were the correct size to fit over bot front brake pads.
I wound up having my original calipers redone through a local 3rd party vendor sunce I couldn't find the correct item anywhere on the web.
The cost to have this done is more than buying remanufactured, but it eliminates the headache tryi g to source that part.

Try National Moparts. They list them but I don’t know if they have stock.
Calipers are very easy to rebuild if you can get the rebuild kits. Replace the piston at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back