69 Chrysler 300, Master Cylinder Cover Gasket

MJFUR

Reaction score
69 Chrysler 300, Power Drum Brakes. Rectangle with bolt hole in the middle. I'm striking out trying to locate one. Any ideas? Thx

20220503_140144.jpg

20220526_133708.jpg

I would think any good brake shop would be able to source this for you - use the info below...

You could see if this fits - if it does, then put your cover over it, use an awl to make the bolt hole, and you're done.

NOS Mopar 1971-75 Drum Brake Master Cylinder Cover Gasket | eBay

Or, how about this?
MOPAR 2660809 DOUBLE HUMP MASTER CYLINDER GASKET (Original / NOS)

It's a Bendix master - known as a double hump. The part number of 2660809 would be correct for your 69, even though the listing above from the Ram Man has it as 71.

Again, what's wrong with the original in you picture? Often it's the surface of the master cylinder that is knicked or uneven, and they leak no matter how good the gasket is. I cleaned mine up with a file and no more leaks. Protect the reservoirs and fluid from filings of course...

Thx for the help and the ebay links. I searched there as well, but didn't have those come up. Didn't really want to change the entire M/C, just the gasket is leaking a bit.

Agree with all of the above providing your original gasket is toast, and/or the master cylinder to gasket surface can't be refurbished. We need info here! :poke: :lol:
Edit - seeing your new post just now - if it leaks, try making sure the master cylinder's edges that the gasket seals against are true.

Thx for the help and the ebay links. I searched there as well, but didn't have those come up. Didn't really want to change the entire M/C, just the gasket is leaking a bit.
IMHO, if the top gasket looks that bad, all the rest of the rubber (piston seals) are probably close to the end of usable life.

IF the main issue is a gasket seep, then perhaps lowering the brake fluid level in the cylinder reservoirs a bit might work, possibly?

Just a thought,
CBODY67

Back