For Sale 69 Furt Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting color combo. There's a whole lot of work to be done to that one. He forgot to post what engine it had/blew up.

IMG_2139.JPG
This car hurts my head. It's cosmetically exactly like my first C Body save for the console... and mine had a grille. Scariest friggin car I ever owned. Went to the scrap yard after finding out the extent of the cancer but for some stupid reason I still want it back!

View attachment 119934 This car hurts my head. It's cosmetically exactly like my first C Body save for the console... and mine had a grille. Scariest friggin car I ever owned. Went to the scrap yard after finding out the extent of the cancer but for some stupid reason I still want it back!
How did it ride and drive?

How did it ride and drive?
Horribly. My first trip was from Seattle, WA to Vancouver, BC wherein I encountered a rain storm. The water was blowing in through the DASHBOARD. I got the car to a buddy's carport up in Vancouver and cracked into it, that was when I found the extent of the damage to the front clip. It had been hit pretty hard at some point and things weren't too square up there. Couldn't have straightened it due to rot. I did some little things to keep it sorta straight for the next few months but it was white knuckling all the way.
I eventually found a clip from a donor with a tired old 440 and swapped it in which was fun. Bombed around town for a couple hours and stopped at a gas station. Backing into the pump, the steering coupling let go and the wheel just spun. ... 5 minutes before I'd been doing 100 MPH over the viaduct in Vancouver. I completely lost my nerve after that and cut my losses.
Bout a week later I found my 68 Monaco and never looked back.

Phone calls are worth a lot.

Seller sees like a very decent guy. He's a machinist. Knows good from bad, etc.

Original big block 383 2bbl. Has 4 bbl intake, machine work done.

Original colors Alpine white, red interior. Nice! Vinyl top..black or red? Fender skirt car,...which i think is cool.

1969 Sport Fury in great colors, seems like a good place to start. A fair deal for not too much $.

Owner offered to check numbers on block,..could be numbers matching car.

A fairly rare car here gentlemen.

Last edited:
This car obviously needs work and is actually better than most I saw for sale when I was in the market for a 69 Fury. The 69 Fury still seems to me the most elusive to find in decent shape of all the fuselage style cars. I don't know why.

This car obviously needs work and is actually better than most I saw for sale when I was in the market for a 69 Fury. The 69 Fury still seems to me the most elusive to find in decent shape of all the fuselage style cars. I don't know why.
I don't get it either. I see enough of them, but they all seem to be pretty rough. In fact, when I saw yours, I was almost giddy to see one in that kind of shape... mine was such a train wreck!

Seller says car not molested, but the engine is out, trim has been removed, vinyl top removed, lost keys for it, he's been welding pinholes in the trunk, gas tank is gone and running on a fuel cell, blah, blah, blah...

I guess my definition of 'not molested' is different than his.

Seller says car not molested, but the engine is out, trim has been removed, vinyl top removed, lost keys for it, he's been welding pinholes in the trunk, gas tank is gone and running on a fuel cell, blah, blah, blah...

I guess my definition of 'not molested' is different than his.

If you look at it in a positive light:

Engine out and rebuilt = you would have to do this regardless. Saved you time and $ as is.

Trim removed = there isn't much trim on a Sport Fury. You would have to remove it to paint anyway. Saved you time.

Vinyl top removed: It was toast anyway = Saved you some time by not being there, and in addition you can inspect the A-pillar and C-pillar seams for rust.

Keys lost = pop out the ignition cylinder (it takes 30 seconds) and have a it re-keyed. Costs about $25 and you have new keys.

Gas tank toast = you needed a new one anyway, especially with a fresh engine. New tank is about $200.

He's been welding the pin holes in the trunk. = Good,..as part of the sale, ask if he will finish the welding as part of the sale.

If these "issues" were't there you'd be talking about a different car and it would be a lot more $$$ than the current asking price.

$2500 (clean NC title in his name). That alone is a big plus right there. Getting paperwork straight is always a *****!!! That alone saves you a headache. I wonder what the hell a lot of these people do with vehicle titles that they get lost all the time. I mean all my titles and important paperwork are in a folder in my gun safe.

I always hate that, you go look at a car and its always, well we lost the title for it 30 years ago, or it was owned by my pappys cousins roommate and he sold it to us, and somehow we never got the dang paperwork from him, then he died. Or some other cock n bull story. I had to do 2 cars with hand written bill of sales and put a bond on them to get titles, this cost me some money, but now i got the proper docs for em. Rant over!!!!!

Now as far as gas welding the holes in the trunk goes. Thats gonna be a warped son of a ***** when he's done. Too much heat for too long on thin sheetmetal. I'd recommend NOT letting him finish that job. A wire feed mig setup is whats needed to do that.

Last edited:
Center console alone is worth 500-750$. thats what is price at ebay atm...

For fun go back through the for sale ads and look to see how many 69 Furies have been for sale...Furies themselves are far more frequent than the dodge counterparts...

If you look at it in a positive light:
I don't have any issue with the car being in this state. It's a project car, and priced as such. Life happens, and abandoned projects are sometimes the result. The seller even sounds honest and with good disclosure.

I'm just saying the adjective 'unmolested' no longer applies to this car in the state it is in.

Center console alone is worth 500-750$. thats what is price at ebay atm...
Check ebay to see if those consoles are actually selling at those prices, though. I was looking at consoles thru Feb before my yearly swap meet, to see if I could score something on ebay to sell locally, and most of $5-700 consoles weren't selling. Just my $.02.

For fun go back through the for sale ads and look to see how many 69 Furies have been for sale...Furies themselves are far more frequent than the dodge counterparts...

I would agree with that for sure in my experience polara71,,even more rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back