For Sale 69 Furt Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
In lovely alligator green. YUCK!!!!
what the heck is up with that color anyways. It was absolutely dreadful, and still is. Who made the awful decision at chrysler to "greenlight" no pun intended that color for production.

Demographics........... Green was the "IN" color choice in the late 60's & early 70's.
I could have had a A12 Runner a month before the one I had on order, but it was green, I waited.

Yep i remember now. My aunt had an avocado green kitchen, including fridge. My folks had that awful mustard yellow.

Back in the 80s my friends and i would get this used car paper called the "want ad press" we used to look up old mopars in there. If the ad read something like 1970 dodge charger V8 4 speed exellent condition low mileage. We would take bets on weather or not it was that F@@King green color, then we would call the number. 9 times out of 10 it was green. We called it granny green with gator green interior.

AMC and International also used that color green in that era. Wildly popular back then.

I liked the emerald green of the mid 70s, for an exterior color, but that forest green, and light pea green from the 60s is just awful. I had a 68 barracuda fastback in that pea green with dark green interior back around 1987. Nice car, awful color. At that time too much effort to change it. Now i have a blue 67 coupe that had a blue and white interior or what was left of it. Full rotisserie resto, I am painting it 67 yellow with black interior.

The kitchen appliance color was referred to as "Harvest Gold".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back