69 Fury Dash pic at night

bnz84

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I been having issues with the dimmer and the lighting around the speedo so I'm doing some work on it and it dawns on my I ve never seen another 69 at night. The PO had some wiring issues and I'm deep enough in now that I'm second guessing myself on what the factory intended. Any dash pics with lights on (or links to) would be appreciated. I did search and I'm sure they exist under an unusual title, I'm just not finding it. Thought for sure LED would do it.

F7B29354-CF2C-46D0-B1E5-2171689720BB.jpeg
342B67E2-5EC2-4CAF-836A-C4DF0FF4D8B2.jpeg
03C6239F-E329-49E9-BA37-096B463F402A.jpeg
15F1AA2C-FBC9-4119-85F4-800BC4E8DF9F.jpeg
7E3BB177-8973-4ADD-9765-A7D1AFC92D89.jpeg
2A2888E2-7C6D-4E77-B205-6D4714942AE1.jpeg
10AF37C4-66B2-4A4D-9033-DABCEBFFBEF3.jpeg
660DF45F-0269-4AB8-B79D-9D042C3FD2AC.jpeg
These are pictures of my 69 sport Fury convertible dash lights on along with the delayed ignition courtesy light with the delayed upper dash courtesy light. The ignition and single upper left hand lights stay on for about 40 seconds after the door is closed regardless of the dash lights being on or off .

Looks good. Everything on the instrument panel is "front lit" rather than "back lit"? Similar to same year era Chryslers?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Everything is front lit , yes . With the exception of the console shift indicator and performance indicator mounted on the console.

Thanks. Really nice looking. So the blue tint on the dash is pretty mild. Not the glowing intense blue of back lit years. Just to confirm you dont have any LEDs, just normal bulbs right? And the time delay lights are interesting in that I did not have that but recently acquired the parts to do it. Having never seen them working I had no idea it was time delayed. I suppose if there was no console the bulb under the speedo would be lit and showing the shift position? Also do find the need to use the dimmer? Looks pretty bright for driving.

And are there any changes or improvements you would make? I would rather take this apart only once. Thanks again.

Well the pictures were taken with a iPhone 11 , it has a way of taking good bright pictures in low lighting conditions . The dash lights are not as bright in person as they are in the pictures. I would definitely leave them on full bright while driving at night. I have done no modifications to them. I did take them out and replaced with new bulbs (no led) and give the lens a good cleaning as things get very dusty in there .

Looks great and I love the in dash Tach!!

It’s just the way my i phone 11 took the pictures in a pitch black garage with my dash by lights on. My iPhone was compensating with different lengths of exposure for each picture taken

Or it could be that the dash lights shine though thin blue plastic and all other lights do not.

It’s just the way my i phone 11 took the pictures in a pitch black garage with my dash by lights on. My iPhone was compensating with different lengths of exposure for each picture taken

Exposure is a length of time such as 1/60th of a second. Being digital, and being set for AWB probably, then a digital camera is not going to change the color temperature of a light. I have pictures of lights on the USS Hornet showing the wrong 3000K light next to the correct 5000K light. One yellowish warm and the other white. I know when picking interior bulbs from Super Bright they many times have three color temperatures to choose from. The door courtesy lights show the difference clearly.

Exposure is a length of time such as 1/60th of a second. Being digital, and being set for AWB probably, then a digital camera is not going to change the color temperature of a light. I have pictures of lights on the USS Hornet showing the wrong 3000K light next to the correct 5000K light. One yellowish warm and the other white. I know when picking interior bulbs from Super Bright they many times have three color temperatures to choose from. The door courtesy lights show the difference clearly.
Ok Ok I don’t know what else to tell you , they are Factory numbered incandescent bulbs from NAPA nothing special, bought on a Saturday morning while I was drinking a medium hot coffee. they are not LED , the dash lights have a flat blue plastic cover , the timed lights are factory numbered bulbs with round blue plastic covers and are mounted and aimed differently . the interior lights are are from Napa as well but are a totally different size of bulb. I can’t explain the Kalvin colour difference , all I have is my i phone 11 to take pictures with. It is a 7 second exposure for each picture and that changes with the amount of light available in each picture it’s done automatically by the phone.

Thanks for posting those pics. Its good for me to get the overall look as Ive gotten used to whatever was there (or not). Certainly the blue tinted covers have a number of years on them so I imagine have faded. That and throw in some new bulbs and camera effects you have a bunch of possible tints and hues. Your other posts on tach and dash restoration have been helpful and needless to say I am thoroughly distracted. I have 10 tabs open on my browser, only 1 is work:)

Back