69 fury III convertible top issues Circuit breaker?

69fury68

Reaction score
Hey ive been working on restoring convertible top system, i've replaced the lines, had the motor rebuilt, and got a pair of brand new cylinder rams... I bleed the lines of air and all i get is 3 seconds of power out of the motor. Ive tried from the stock wiring at the switch and i get the same result if i hook power up strait to the motor. I guess I'm Trying to convince myself that i don't have to pull the mess apart one more time and drag the motor back to this guy. Im trying to get this done so i don't have to worry about messing up my new interior.

Where is the conv. top circuit breaker located and is there a diagram of this system?

I don't know for sure about '69, but this is how my '65 is set up.

Circuit breaker is behind the drivers side kick panel under the dash. From the breaker a red wire runs to the switch. From the switch to the top pump there are two wires (one yellow, one brown?) that plug into the yellow/red wires on the pump. Finally the pump has a separate black wire for the ground connection.

I think the pump motor has another breaker built into it.

You might try disconnecting the cylinders from the top frame and operating the motor. A binding or stiff top frame may be causing resistance.
If not then the motor is the likely problem.

thanks guys im going to mess with it we will see. great info!

the breaker is separate from the fuse box right? i've replaced all the fuses dissembled the box and cleaned lubricated it wd to make better connections a month ago.

Back