'69 Imp seats (and more) for sale: would they fit in a '65 C?

I think that they will fit as I believe that the seat frames are the same.

They will bolt right in. The add for the '69 says bucket seats, but more likely it has a split front bench. Also, if the car was built before Jan 1st 1969, it may not have a driver side headrest.

Jeff

If it is a 50/50 split bench the seat frames are the same as the ones used for bucket seats.

As I recall, the 1970 Chrysler 300-Hurst had Imperial front seats in it. It was noted that most of the 300-Hursts were built with power windows as the 5 or so that were built with manual windows, the Imperial seats were physically wider than the New Yorker seats and the window crank handles hit the seat cushions. This is not related to the seat frames bolting onto the seats and working with the floorpan.

As I recall, this was mentioned in a 1970 Chrysler 300-Hurst road test in CAR LIFE magazine, back then.

End result, you might want to physically measure the distance between the front door panel armrests on the '65-'68 C-body cars and that same dimension on the '69-'73 New Yorkers and Imperials. Just to make sure.

The other option would be C-body buckets themselves, with the "buddy seat/armrest" or console between them. With factory headrests.

Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

Back