69 Imperial Bham Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I went into town today to pick up my compressor motor from the repair shop. This Imperial was in a drive about 3 blocks up so I stopped. No for sale signs but I found th owner and asked anyways...... Yep..... it can be had.

The car is a real creampuff. One owner. It looks like it was driven but very well cared for. The fellow said he had a stack of repair & maintenance invoices. Mileage shows 76K, could be or could be on its second time around.
Loaded with options, looks like they didn't miss much when it was ordered. A/C, cruise, am/fm 8 track, power vent wings, on & on.

The owner was a Cadillac collector and didn't know much about Chryslers, but he said this car road and drove better then any Cadillac he had driven. He said he would not be afraid to drive it across the country.
His original intention was to lower it and (generally screw it up), but it was to nice a car to do that with...... So he would sell it.

He didn't have a price, didn't know the value, but said he paid $4500. for it about 6 months ago.
Sounded like he would be happy to get his money back out of it.

I have his contact info if anyone is interested..... PM me.

69 imp right front (Large).jpg

69 imp left rear (Large).jpg

69 imp left side (Large).jpg

69 imp right quarter (Large).jpg

69 imp engine (Large).jpg

69 imp front seat (Large).JPG

69 imp rear seat (Large).JPG

69 imp dash (Large).jpg

69 imp left quarter (Large).jpg

69 imp driver door panel (Large).jpg

Seat fix - about a grand.

Rust/paint - maybe the same.

Driving the car home, with the flight out - $500.

So, for maybe $7K, a guy would have a nice Imp in an uncommon color combo.

The draw this car has is it is a complete, original, (repaint prevents it from being a true survivor), turn key driver. It can be driven and enjoyed as is and upgraded when time/money allows. A great entry level car.

Both front seats need to be done. Quality work out here would be $1500-2000, or higher, depending on material and ability to obtain and match. The rust in my opinion kills the car and would sit for ever with a for sale sign out here if at $4500. He paid too much as he probably cannot do rust repair himself nor be willing to pay someone who was truly good at it and not half-assed. I guess one would call that the difference between how a mildly rusty car is seen in the Midwest vs. the West.

69 imp dash (Large).jpg

Is this center piece of the steering wheel a mid year change or a cheap replacement? I like the original one, like mine, better!

140.jpg

69 imp dash (Large).jpg

140.jpg

Is that the difference between tilt/tele and non?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back