69 Newport 4 door windshield

MoparMcK

Reaction score
First off I know nothing about glass replacement. I will be needing to source a windshield for my 69 Newport 4 door. Will I need to find a donor car for the glass or are they produced yet? Also, where is the best place to get a quality seal? I will not be doing the work. Thanks for the help!

Sedan or hardtop? There are two WS. The sedan takes the same WS as the wagon, the other one is shared by all hardtops (2 & 4dr) and 'verts. If you do a search, you will find several threads on the topic.

Sedan or hardtop? There are two WS. The sedan takes the same WS as the wagon, the other one is shared by all hardtops (2 & 4dr) and 'verts. If you do a search, you will find several threads on the topic.
I guess what is the difference between the sedan and hardtop? I have read through some of the other threads. IMO they haven’t helped a 100%. Which is why I just made one. Here is a couple pictures of my car.

85ED694F-F6ED-4117-AF4A-6B2815B124E5.jpeg

8607DA84-0FEC-4BD7-B4C3-4B9597CB9870.jpeg

AA4C95BF-2049-4DE9-B1CB-655047C8E2D2.jpeg

That is a sedan. When you roll down the windows, there is still the metal frame around the opening on each door, and there is a solid B pillar between the doors that goes all the way from the sills to the roof. If it was a hardtop, once the glass is rolled down there is one big opening from the A pillar by the windshield all the way back to the thick C pillar at the rear.

That is a sedan. When you roll down the windows, there is still the metal frame around the opening on each door, and there is a solid B pillar between the doors that goes all the way from the sills to the roof. If it was a hardtop, once the glass is rolled down there is one big opening from the A pillar by the windshield all the way back to the thick C pillar at the rear.
Thank you for the explanation.

Back