69 Plymouth Fury Convertible Header Bow

SFMajor

Reaction score
Well, finding a 1969 Fury III Convertible Header Bow is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Mine is salvageable with some good fabrication work, but it would be nice to find a better one, even a reproduction item.

Anys suggestions would be helpful.

I would suggest posting an thread in the wanted section of the forum. They do come up every once in awhile. I can remember a couple coming up in the last year or less. Reproduction is not going to happen. You can expand your search to any fuselage convertible, Dodge Polara, Chrysler 300, Chrysler Newport. These often rust out in particular spots, as mine is. I intend to patch the few small spots that require it, that way originality is somewhat preserved. If you can find a good original that is a bonus! Keep your eyes peeled!

Well, finding a 1969 Fury III Convertible Header Bow is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Mine is salvageable with some good fabrication work, but it would be nice to find a better one, even a reproduction item.

Anys suggestions would be helpful.
I might actually have one if it is the part I'm thinking of.

Alan

I would suggest posting an thread in the wanted section of the forum. They do come up every once in awhile. I can remember a couple coming up in the last year or less. Reproduction is not going to happen. You can expand your search to any fuselage convertible, Dodge Polara, Chrysler 300, Chrysler Newport. These often rust out in particular spots, as mine is. I intend to patch the few small spots that require it, that way originality is somewhat preserved. If you can find a good original that is a bonus! Keep your eyes peeled!
Thanks,
I am thinking that I will take the Bow I currently have and have some metal fabrication work done it. I will also expand my search into other fuselage convertibles.

I might actually have one if it is the part I'm thinking of.

Alan
Thanks, the part would be where the convertible top connects to the front windshield and allows you to lock the header bow in place so the convertible top doesn't come up when driving.

Back