69 polara 500 buildsheet

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
A while back I got some parts from this car. I ended up trading a old IHC 1 ton for the 69 carcus.
I did the swap today. I removed the back seat and found a fairly intact piece of paper. I must say I've never seen anything like this.
I posted the fender tag earlier in the year and received a request for build sheet if one existed.
I'm not much of a 4 door guy but I would have liked to have gotten my hands on this one when it was in better shape.

20211128_170329.jpg

20211128_173041.jpg

20211128_173125.jpg

is that a 60 dodge pickup or a panel i see?
Fargo halfton
D12 on the tag did you pull the pedals?
Yes. On the faint hope clause
I put a ad on kijiji looking for fuselage pedals. This guy contacted me. He said he had a 69 polara and wanted 100 bucks for the pedals if I helped remove them. I must admit that i expected to see a 67 or 68. I went the next day to find a interesting 69.
Manual steering
Manual brakes
Manual trans
Radio delete
Super light
2 tone paint

@rd92west -- thank you for posting the tag and sheet of DM41F9R249876 and thank you for the story too!

Am I correct that this F5 green car had a W1 painted white top (as opposed to V1W vinyl top)?

Fargo halfton

Yes. On the faint hope clause
I put a ad on kijiji looking for fuselage pedals. This guy contacted me. He said he had a 69 polara and wanted 100 bucks for the pedals if I helped remove them. I must admit that i expected to see a 67 or 68. I went the next day to find a interesting 69.
Manual steering
Manual brakes
Manual trans
Radio delete
Super light
2 tone paint
Thats awesome great find and some great part's also.

Yes white painted top.
The guy I got it from told me that the guy he got it from told him(confused yet?) that
The car was ordered by a woman who lived north of Winnipeg.
I drove the 2 1/2 hours each way for the pedals. When I got to the car the owner tells me it has this most bizarre extra headlight. He said it didnt work. We made a deal on the light and grill and wiring harness . 200 bucks I think. I didn't have time to remove it that day, but I went back the next day. I have a driver 69 Monaco and thought even a super lite that didnt work would be cool.
While removing the underdash wiring harness I discovered a wire had been cut. This wire went to a relay. When I got home I tested the super lite and it works fine. So I investigated the service manual wiring diagram and find the power wire to the super lite relay had been cut. Logic tells me that only someone who knew what they were doing would know what wire to cut to permanantly deactivate the superlite.
I speculate that the light got the attention of local police . I see it was made for the 4 lane highways. On a narrow 2 lane highway or gravel road it would blind oncoming traffic.

The upper and lower boxes on DL43G9R286471's broadcast sheet are marked "???". I guess that's because nobody knows what information they contain?

When I got to the car the owner tells me it has this most bizarre extra headlight. He said it didn't work. We made a deal on the light and grill and wiring harness . 200 bucks I think.
Thank you for the story -- glad you got and saved the superlite! Did you get the dash panel and switch as part of the deal, too?

@polara71 has a thread that discusses the installation. @MrMoparCHP posted diagrams here.

Yes I got the whole enchilada.
I ran into 2 conundrums.
-Polara grill is quite a bit different than monaco. Not a game changer.
- My monaco is a ragtop. So I need a switch bezel from a convertible that had a super lite. I could cut another rectangle hole in my bezel for super lite switch, or cut the hole for the top switch in the 4 door bezel but I'm not likeing that option.
So the light install is kinda on back burner.
I guess I should run a wanted ad for a bezel

I need a switch bezel from a convertible that had a super lite. I could cut another rectangle hole in my bezel for super lite switch, or cut the hole for the top switch in the 4 door bezel but I'm not likeing that option.
So the light install is kinda on back burner.
I guess I should run a wanted ad for a bezel

@rd92west -- @polara71 says that you do not need a new bezel. See Dave's thread on the superlite, to which I linked to above. The convertible dash bezel fits all convertibles with and without superlite. You're gonna need the little black bezel and switch.

There are two holes drilled into that woodgrain bezel, the light and the switch slide through. Dave says you can't get the positioning wrong because the template is on the back of the large bezel.

superlite Resized_Resized_20200413_193808.jpg

Last edited:
@rd92west -- @polara71 says that you do not need a new bezel. See Dave's thread on the superlite, to which I linked to above. The convertible dash bezel fits all convertibles with and without superlite. You're gonna need the little black bezel and switch.

There are two holes drilled into that woodgrain bezel, the light and the switch slide through. Dave says you can't get the positioning wrong because the template is on the back of the large bezel.

View attachment 499809
I really appreciate the suggestion.
Here is the bezel from the polara.
Yes is has the cutout in the metal plate for a extra switch.
It's the front that concerns me. If I was to add the top switch I would not have the fake chrome outline around the border of the hole, and not have "top" printed nor the "up/down"
Yes it's completely doable. I do lots of weird **** but I just cant come to grips with this.

20211130_070704.jpg

20211130_070741.jpg

Also the backside of the bezel doesn't have the plastic receptacles for the screws that would hold the extra switch In place.
Yes I could get the extra switch in if my life depended on it. Most people wouldn't notice it. But it would slowly but surely annoy me.
My Monaco bezel is black plastic as well.

Last edited:
@rd92west – unless I am mistaken, what you are showing me is the sedan dash panel. AFAIK, Dave is talking about the convertible dash panel. I really really wish he were still a member here, as he is trying to help you but is no longer a member.

Last edited:
69-286471-DL43G9R286471.jpg

As to the upper box in the line "3RD - 187466" the six-digit number could be a sequence number like the one printed in the upper left corner of US broadcast sheets, as it's close to 100,000 less than the SPN, "286471" in this case. Same on the other two Windsor broadcast sheets that have been posted.

Last edited:
Back