For Sale 6k miles? '76 Aspen in Motor City

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Faster (just barely) than a speeding....
47a547d9a1512e252b4.jpg

Nowhere near as powerful as a locomotive. But the seller of this Aspen claims it has only 6k miles.

1976 Dodge Aspen

From seller:
I work with an gentleman that is going to put snow tires on his '76 Aspen with 6,052 miles on it, that he has stored in his garage forever, and start driving it back and forth to work, road salt and all. I think it is a sin and told him that there is someone out there that would probably love to have it and asked him why he doesn't sell it. He doesn't want to be bothered looking for the right person and showing the vehicle to tire kickers. I asked him if I could try finding him a buyer and he said ok. Here's what I know:
1976 Dodge Aspen
6,052 miles
2 Door
Slant Six
Green
Original Ziebart Undercoating
There is a chip in a clear lens on the bumper (see pic), and the spare tire has no rim.
Currently stored in his garage since the 70's
He knows what its worth and is willing to sell it if the transaction is quick and easy. Then he will put the money toward a normal everyday commuter. It is still safely stored in his garage. He is offering this as a collector car for a short time before he puts her on the road as a daily driver.

00000_j2m2udPU42_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_7LLcK66lOEr_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_dfthwbTjJJ2_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_4eqV5sp5F2n_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_cK7OtrcNPF1_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_7xnzeKjSgsz_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_2nQTrcGAlpD_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_l52YzBMv1an_1200x900 (1).jpg

00V0V_l52YzBMv1an_1200x900.jpg

01111_4xVtYLIOfO8_1200x900.jpg

It’s a beauty and it would be a damn shame to start that cars decline after it’s made it this far, maybe if it had a black interior it’d be ok but not with that gorgeous white interior.:lol:

I wonder, what happened to the LH turn signal/parking light, because it looks cracked despite the car´s been driven only 6k miles.

Should have white walls to complete the "period look" I should think. I imagine those were replaced.

It would be a shame to see that become a daily driver. We are all well aware of the rust issues these models had. The car would have had whitewalls when new but 14 inch ww tires are getting hard to find these days. I find it interesting that the Aspen has a Dart / Valiant steering wheel. Must have been an early production run and '76 was the last year for the A body platform. So there was both Dart / Valiant and Aspen / Volare for 1976.

It would be a shame to see that become a daily driver. We are all well aware of the rust issues these models had. The car would have had whitewalls when new but 14 inch ww tires are getting hard to find these days. I find it interesting that the Aspen has a Dart / Valiant steering wheel. Must have been an early production run and '76 was the last year for the A body platform. So there was both Dart / Valiant and Aspen / Volare for 1976.

Check the steering wheel options as taken from HH:

76-Aspen_0010.jpg

I'd want it except that,
4. No a/c
6. Hate that Spanish Olive Green
7. Not a stick
8. Hate the pseudo Landau vinal roof treatments. St. Regis 2.O

Check the steering wheel options as taken from HH:

View attachment 238097
Thanks Imp Jay. All of the steering wheels I have ever seen, including my dad's '76 Volare wagon, were the power steering version. The example below the manual steering wheel. It makes sense to have a bigger steering wheel to jockey around a car with manual steering.

I stand corrected... Aspen and Volare were introduced mid year. That's when the Valiant and Dart were retired.

I actually really like the color combo on this car. If I were looking for something like this I’d have 5k on me when I went to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back