For Sale $6k will put your favorite shellfish on wheels ('72 Newp in KC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
1972 Chrysler Newport 440 police interceptor option

A car for us?
9681186-oyster-cartoon.jpg

$6000 PLEASE! Serious inquires only text and emails likely won't be answered call show contact info
72 Newport Royal largest 440 V8 police pursuit interceptor option.
Auto Air Power Steering 96K miles. A well kept by a long time ownership.
A "sleeper" of a factory mussel car!
A very rare find and a rare opportunity.
For questions and details call

00C0C_kRK0ObT2StF_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_8zdfr9KaDI1_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_Rq9HawQo8g_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_7TvAahu0ZE_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_czsGguv13dZ_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_c03e6960oAN_1200x900.jpg

Are you guys for real? What don't you get about this car? Baffled? No something else maybe...There is nothing "fishy" here with this car.
Chrysler Newport's were not regular cop cars, so a C body cop car would have to be a special order car. Some one had connections back then to get this built.

A sales order # K15898 "K" police sales order number prefix plus a Y39 for special order equals a police car!
This is a Jefferson Rd plant car. Little is known about this factory's fender tag protocols as they differed from plant to plant. One of you experts must have have studied these tags? Well?
How about the 1972 police car literature?
Does it show the Chrysler Newport?
What we do know is those engine and trans code are a for a special engine and transmission!
T code is a 440 but the E99 special order 440 supersedes the "T".
D99 is a special order 727
Very special Police BOB car. Big Ole Boat
Different for sure
Disc brakes
Cruise control
no trans cooler seen
Overspeed switch on the a/c? can't see it but it will be on the line going to the condenser on the pass side
no elect ignition seen
coolant recovery system
N51 max cooling pkge so there may be a trans cooler hiding, ps cooler? oil cooler?
certified speedo?
Even though i don't want a car i may have to buy this to flip.
Way too significant to pass up, calling the seller later today to check on the speedo and paperwork. Leaving tomorrow for MO.
Checking on the one way rental.

Last edited:
Are you guys for real? What don't you get about this car? Baffled? No something else maybe...There is nothing "fishy" here with this car.
A sales order # K15898 "K" police sales order number prefix plus a Y39 for special order equals a police car!
This is a Jefferson Rd plant car. Little is known about this factory's fender tag protocols as they differed from plant to plant. One of you experts must have have studied these tags? Well?
How about the 1972 police car literature?
What we do know is those engine and trans code are a for a special engine and transmission!
T code is a 440 but the E99 special order 440 supersedes the "T".
D99 is a special order 727
Very special Police BOB car. Big Ole Boat
Different for sure
Disc brakes
Cruise control
no trans cooler seen
Overspeed switch on the a/c? can't see it but it willy on the line going to the condenser on the pass side
no elect ignition seen
coolant recovery system
N51 max cooling pkge so there may be a trans cooler hiding, ps cooler? oil cooler?
certified speedo?
Even though i don't want a car i may have to buy this to flip.
Way too significant to pass up, calling the seller later today to check on the speedo and paperwork. Leaving tomorrow for MO.
Checking on the one way rental.

I hate his arrogance and pomposity as usual but he's right for the first time since joining the board guys. This car is worthy of another look . The B5 caught my eye first. Then the Y39, then the K, then the 99s. I want it for what it is and I'm not cut of Chrysler desire cloth.

:drama::steering::pIt's no patience not arrogance with you people
You don't get it and you never will.
Put me on ignore and Just answer the questions.
As you all have no clue who i am - this is so much fun.
Lot's of you might know me...I have been around a long time - at one time long ago I was very visible in the mopar world . Thank you for the laughs and entertainment.

My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge base.
If any of you want this car you better get ahead of me today.
I am parked at a motel and a one day drive from MO at the moment.

Last edited:
I really don't care who you are. You're a douche bag under the USSMOPAR name .

Last edited:
I really don't care who you are. You're an douche bag under the USSMOPAR name .
No...you guys don't like reality and people who won't put up with your nonsense
Thank you -that is a wonderful compliment from yuse guys.
Are you calling on the car?
I have a friend in KC on business, should i send them over with a deposit?

My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge base.

I think the problem is that none of us have actually seen evidence of that so far.
As you all have no clue who i am.

Ok, I’ll bite, WHO are you? Does it start with “T” and end with “Rump”?

You don’t know who I am either, so pm me your secret identity I’ll pm mine and we can form the Justice League together!

:usflag:

I hate his arrogance and pomposity as usual but he's right for the first time since joining the board guys. This car is worthy of another look . The B5 caught my eye first. Then the Y39, then the K, then the 99s. I want it for what it is and I'm not cut of Chrysler desire cloth.
I disagree with your disagreement of my questioning statement of this car. :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back