For Sale 70-3 Torsion Quiet Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

71Polara383

Kid with ballcap
Reaction score
Contact seller
Clean, solid, perfect western frame from a 71 Polara.

Fits 70-73 Chrysler and Dodge C body cars with ISO quiet ride.

Located in Rockford, IL

20210308_162726.jpg
20210308_162752.jpg
20210308_162731.jpg
20210308_162812.jpg
Local pickup preferred.

$500

Last edited:
Morning Wyatt , hope you're doing good . I don't need another subframe obviously , but would like a nice set of upper control arms if you have any .
I forgot about them when I came down .
Give me a shout .616-291-7553 . Jerry

Sorry , must have fat-fingered it .
I thought I was sending a private conversation .

Old guys are annoying, especially the C body crowd...Its like the VHT engine paint vs the Bill Hirsch paint. Both look great and 99% wont know the difference. Same with Sub vs Stub frame.

I say Sub-frame because it is a SUB-assembly (definition : a unit assembled separately but designed to be incorporated with other units into a larger manufactured product.)
It was assembled separately from the rest of the car. It came down its own assembly line in the Chassis Department where piece by piece it was built up, along with the rest of the drivetrain, rear suspension and the exhaust. The bodies were running on a separate but parallel line to be built out in the trim department after the body/paint. The 2 separate lines eventually merge and that's where the completed Frame assembly and rear suspension is bolted to the body. They call that process Decking now.

Quick google search turned up this...

Meaning of stub frame :
Term used for sub frame.

:icon_fU:

Old guys are annoying, especially the C body crowd...Its like the VHT engine paint vs the Bill Hirsch paint. Both look great and 99% wont know the difference. Same with Sub vs Stub frame.

I say Sub-frame because it is a SUB-assembly (definition : a unit assembled separately but designed to be incorporated with other units into a larger manufactured product.)
It was assembled separately from the rest of the car. It came down its own assembly line in the Chassis Department where piece by piece it was built up, along with the rest of the drivetrain, rear suspension and the exhaust. The bodies were running on a separate but parallel line to be built out in the trim department after the body/paint. The 2 separate lines eventually merge and that's where the completed Frame assembly and rear suspension is bolted to the body. They call that process Decking now.

Quick google search turned up this...

Meaning of stub frame :
Term used for sub frame.

:icon_fU:

Wow, you really do fly off the handle when you're wrong.
Go look in the parts book lad.

"Old guys are annoying " ? :lol:

Thats because we are usually correct in our assessment of the situation.

The parts book is wrong. Its a sub assembly and that is one fact that will never change.

You should know better then anyone that factory literature is not trust worthy....

Wheres that white interior 70 Polara convertible?

You should know better then anyone that factory literature is not trust worthy....

Wheres that white interior 70 Polara convertible?

If only I had a camera the three times I saw it. Pre smart phone days. Once in 1984, once in 1986 and twice in 1997 (or abouts).
K5, white top, white interior, superlite, road wheels, 383 and a stub frame.

You guys are wasting an awful lot of time and energy arguing about bullshit. Who cares! Stub or sub, we all know what you mean either way. Maybe Joey ought to allow the political threads so you have a place to argue instead of here! :soapbox: And by the way I really don't care, I just wanted to join in the fighting! :poke:

You guys are wasting an awful lot of time and energy arguing about bullshit. Who cares! Stub or sub, we all know what you mean either way. Maybe Joey ought to allow the political threads so you have a place to argue instead of here! :soapbox: And by the way I really don't care, I just wanted to join in the fighting! :poke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Are you saying no matter what its called...Its known as the same part so the useless comment thinking they "corrected" me was completely Irrelevant????

Thanks!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Are you saying no matter what its called...Its known as the same part so the useless comment thinking they "corrected" me was completely Irrelevant????

Thanks!!!!
OK Wyatt, I said I wanted to "join in the fighting" I didn't say I wanted to be in the middle of it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back