WANTED 70 4 Speed Reverse Lockout, Interlock, Reverse lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallhair

Rufus T. Firefly
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 B Body 4 Speed Reverse Lockout, Interlock, Reverse lock.

I know there are reproductions available. I’m looking for original parts.

I’ve seen them called different things. My understanding is that on the big block cars the torque shaft or bell crank is shorter than the small blocks, the tabs on them are different, and the rear or lower rods are different.

And column auto torque shaft is different than manual & floor shift auto.

I’m looking for the manual / floor shift torque shaft, 10.5 bell housing bracket, and lower or rear column lock rod for a 4 speed that connects to the reverse lever.

Here’s a 70 factory illustration.

Please contact me by PM.

upload_2021-1-25_9-2-20-jpeg.jpg

I have a complete original setup I removed from my RR some 30 years ago. I'll be glad to take pics if you like but unfortunately it stays with my car/ not for sale.

Excellent pictures !!

Thank you very much!

curious, How do you keep the column lever from moving?

These are the parts I need.

They can be from a B or E with floor shift, and maybe C body floor shift torque shafts may have been the same, but I don’t know that. What do they look like?

Have to be 1970 for the B and E anyway.

The transmission rod at top.

The torque shaft clocked like one below in middle with adjustment slot in the curved arm.

The flat 3 hole bracket that goes on transmission.

upload_2021-1-25_14-13-56.jpeg

Someone here built a formal with a 4-speed. As I recall it was ridiculed heavily. There are original lockouts on ebay but not bargain basement. Personally I'd skip, it's an annoying feature they had in 1970, like the clutch safety switch & key buzzer, both of which I disconnected on my car. The clumsy shoulder belts are pretty useless too.
Mopar 4 Speed 1970 B Body 70 Reverse Lock Out Set Charger RoadRunner Coronet | eBay

These are the parts I need.

They can be from a B or E with floor shift, and maybe C body floor shift torque shafts may have been the same, but I don’t know that. What do they look like?

Have to be 1970 for the B and E anyway.

The transmission rod at top.

The torque shaft clocked like one below in middle with adjustment slot in the curved arm.

The flat 3 hole bracket that goes on transmission.

View attachment 433756

The only piece I need now is the transmission rod at top in the pic I quoted.

For manual B or E.

Still stupid but looking.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back