70, 71, 72 Fury Front Seats (are they Interchangable?)

f1967franche

Reaction score
So- I have a 72 Fury wagon but it has the plain bench seat and was thinking of swapping it for say the Bucket Backed style w/ little armrest if I can find a seat and know 70, 71 came with these style seats as well but am not sure if they all interchange. Like- if I found a Bucket Back seat in a 4 door 70, 71 car- would that work in my wagon?

I'd really like to find the Broughm style seat (the cloth/vinyl one with the little third seat in the middle) but I get the feeling that's a rare one.

Thanks for any feedback :)
Frank

The floor pans are pretty much the same from '65 - '73. '71 - '73 C Body cars used the same style of bucket seat and '68 - '70 used the same style bucket seat. Basically, you will need to drill holes for the inboard bucket seat frame mount and if you go with buddy seat/armrest you will need the brackets that are spot welded to the floor or will need make brackets to mount the buddy seat.

If you are interested in a 50/50 Brougham style front seat with individual armrests and a reclining passenger seat I have one that needs to be recovered that I would let go for a reasonable price. I am in Central Connecticut, probably about 4.5 hours away. I might be able to get them to Carlisle in a few weeks. These seats use the bucket seat frames. I have not looked at them in many years but could probably get to them over the weekend if you were seriously interested. They are significantly more comfortable than bucket seats.

Bill

Back