70-71 Fury hood

dieseldust

Reaction score
Hi guys would a 70- 71 Fury sport hood be the same fit and shape as a 1969 Polara hood ,

Jim

No,sorry.
Nice idea,but too much work to graft the bulges onto the 69 hood.

hood

No,sorry.
Nice idea,but too much work to graft the bulges onto the 69 hood.

I meant if i had the hood 1970-71 sport fury hood would it swap out on my 69 polara, just swap the hoods
Jim

I'm 99% sure they won't swap. The shape of the front of the hood is way different and won't match the fender line or the grill.

I respectfully disagree. I think they will...

2gwhtzr.jpg

fnsra.jpg

I was told, the 69 Polara was a odd year car, only another 69 Polara parts would work

I respectfully disagree. I think they will...
You are right they look similar. I should have read the question more carefully. Dodge front end styling improved dramatically in 70 and 71 and those hoods definitely would not fit. I'll stick with my guns however since loop bumpers started in 70 and you'd have a snowball's chance of getting a 69 hood to mate with a later bumper and fender extensions. Just too risky buying one to find out they don't fit. Maybe if you could "borrow" one from a wrecking yard to try it...

The 71 Fury bumper is not a "loop" bumper" It has the "styling" of one.
They will interchange.

THIS is a loop bumper:

3464660970_78259729b5.jpg

As far as a yard letting you 'borrow' one....
rofl-smiley.gif

I think for 75 bucks its worth a try, they do look very similar, i will let you know how it works out , hey if it does not i am sure some one could use a spare Fury sport hood with turn signals , 440/383 emblems mising but holes still there

Jim

If you can spare the seventy five go for it. It never hurts to have extra parts laying around..........someone will nee it.

Back