70 Dodge Polara Fuel Tank sending units

Engine, Transmission & Driveline

1. race city retro

race city retro New Member

New guy here putting a fresh fuel tank into a 70 Polara that has been sitting for a while. Getting a new tank was no problem DONE yet every tank manufacturer that sells a new tank does NOT sell a sending unit for that tank. Yet when I look on ebay there are several guys selling sending new units for 70 Polara models. I am trying to figure out if what they are offering is
    1.An actual correct 70 Polara sender
    2.A modified sending unit from a different year
    3.A different year sender that works fine with the 70 Polara models

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

2. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

Ok, so we know it's a 1970 Polara. What is the replacement tank that you bought; mfg and part number. What are the senders that you're looking at?

3. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

I also have a 70 Polara and 15 years ago installed a sending unit bought off Ebay. I never asked if it was OE or a reproduction unit but it has worked fine ever since. My recollection is that the retaining ring that came with it was junk and I had to reuse the original ring. Your questions are probably best directed at the vendor. Just curious if you could share some info and pics of your car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. race city retro

race city retro New Member

Spoke with Tom's classics one of the Ebay Vendors who sells one. He states 68 69 70 are all the same sender. Purchased a stainless steel one he sells for $49 shipped which is a great price. Will keep you posted as to how it all works out. Thanks